MAC At-A-Glance

[November] 11/26 - Monogram - MAC's annual couture collection, 11/30 - Perfect Style
[December] 12/26 - Dame Edna, Chill

March 15, 2008

MAC Product Releases: Heatherette 3/20

After salivating over the swatches in the Specktra Heatherette for MAC Swatches thread (you must be registered to view) for the last half hour, I grabbed a piece of paper and started making a list. I normally don't do this, but folks, pictures can be so compelling. Please register and see for yourself!

Initially when I saw the promotional pictures on Heatherette for MAC, I thought "oh cute pink casing" but that's it. For some reason I wasn't jumping out of my socks to know more but as the release date is now approaching and I'm diving into the color story, I'd like to drop my jaw open please!

The release of MAC's Heatherette Collection date has moved up a week and will now be up for grabs on March 20, 2008, instead of on March 27, 2008, the initial launch date. Please be sure to contact a location near you to be sure.

Here's what will hit counters ('**' indicate my lemmings) :

Lipstick $14.00 USD
  • Lollipop Loving (G) - Mid-tone coral w/ subtle green gold iridescence (LE)**
  • Fleshpot (S) - Light neutral beige (Pro)
  • Hollywood Nights (S) - Fuchsia pink (LE)**
  • Melrose Mood (AC) - pastel pink (LE)**
Lipglass $14.00 USD
  • Bonus Beat (F) - Sheer yellow beige w/ gold pearlized pigments (LE)
  • Sock Hop (C) - Soft mid-tone coral (LE)**
  • Style Minx (F) - Fuchsia pink (LE)**
  • Starlet Kiss (F) - Pastel pink (LE)**
Eye Trio (a 3 pan eyeshadow compact w/eyeshadows) $32.50 USD
  • Eye Trio 1**
    • Mood Ring (VP) - Pastel mint green (LE)
    • Cloudburst (V) - True black w/subtle green pearlized pigments (Repromote from Blue Storm) (LE)
    • Hoppin' (F)- Pastel peach (LE)
  • Eye Trio 2**
    • Baby Petals (S) - Pastel pink (LE)
    • V.I.P. (V) - Mid-tone yellow pink LE)
    • Cassette - Blackened eggplant (LE)
Glitter Reflects $16.50 USD
  • Reflects Gold - translucent glitter w/ gold reflection (Pro)
  • 3D Silver - Multi-reflective silver (Pro)

Pigment $19.00 USD
  • Jardin Aires (F) - Gilded peach w/ silver reflection (LE - Repromote from Strange Hybrid)**
  • Pink Pearl - Mid-tone pink w/ blue reflection (Pro)**

Dual Edge Pencil (a pencil with 2 ends and 2 different colours) $16.50 USD
*Specktra member Erine1881 writes that ".....the first end is a new formula (no name yet) liner. the second end is softsparkle eye pencil. NEITHER END IS APPROVED FOR THE WATERLINE!!!.."
  • Black Funk/Pop Blue - True black/turquoise w/ silver glitter (LE)**
  • Phone Me/Text Me - Charcoal grey/metallic silver w/ silver glitter (LE)
  • Nighthawk/Front Row - Coffee brown/neutral peach w/ gold glitter (LE)**
  • Fab Orchid/Dash Lily - Jewel-tone purple/mid-tone lavender w/ silver glitter (LE)**
Nail Lacquer $10.00 USD
  • Lola Devine (C) - Soft mid-tone coral (LE)
  • $$$$$ Yes (F) - Metallic silver foil (pronounced "Cash Yes")
Beauty Powder $22.00 USD
  • Smooth Harmony - Medium golden bronze (LE - Repromote from Icon II: Diana Ross)**
  • Alpha Girl - Pink w/ gold nuances (LE)**
Lashes $11.00 USD
  • She's Good - Similar to #7 (patent finish)
  • She's Bad - Fishnet texture (patent finish)**
*Source: Specktra.net

Have you put together your lemming list on Heatherette for MAC together? What's on it?

Aloha,
Mrs. Lynne

Want to see the swatches of this collection against a warmer complexion? Then please subscribe to our feed or enter your email so you can view the swatches as soon as we get them!

Share and Enjoy your MakeupFix!

26 makeovers:

Krystle said...

ooo am I the first to comment? yay! LOL. anyways, I noticed you marked off the pigments. does that mean you will become a pigment addict? hehe. I definitely want to check out Jardin Aires. It looked soo pretty in the swatches.

Did you check out the new beauty powder blushes? I told myself not to check it out, but after looking at swatches and reading reviews, I want to check out eversun.

Karen said...

I have mixed feelings about this one. I'll really have to see it in person and try out the textures before deciding if it is/isn't love.

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hi Krystle,

All the ones I marked off are just lemmings from swatches. Whether or not I actually buy them is a different story, hah. But I'm already a pigment addict and I don't own any! I already know that once I start, I won't stop, lol.

I have heard so many great things of the Beauty Powder Blushes but haven't gone because I don't have a camera. Well, I actually just bought one today but am still doing my homework to make sure this is the one I want before opening it and not being able to get my money back if it doesn't work out. But I'll check it out soon. Debating on if I'll just wait until Heatherette debuts since it's just around the corner anyways.

Did you pick up any of the beauty powder blushes?

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hi Karen,

I'm kind of so-so on the packaging, but I'm just going off of the colors. I know for sure that my final verdict will come the day that I actually get to play with them. But for some reason those lip swatches got me all crazy going. Funny that MAC stuff, huh?

Lushious Babe said...

I've made ome of the swatches on Specktra and I've also did a review about most of the heatherette collection!

This is the link, maybe it's helpful for some of your readers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0ZH83TKvJY

Love from Holland!
XXX

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Lynne!

Lovely blog you have here! :)

I lucked out and got to see some of the goods in person (the ol' right place at the right time!) and I reserved the Eye Trio 2 and the Lollipop Loving lipstick! I'm a little scurred that it might end up too coral on me, but it's so pretty and unique I figured it's worth having anyway! I passed on the eye pencils simply because, although they are sooooo beautiful, I just can't cope with non-waterproof liner formulas anymore!!

I'll be at my MAC counter on the 20th, we can virtually shop together! :D

Amanda Verzello said...

I think the packaging is adorable!! A break from black is a good thing. Hollywood Nights and Melrose Mood are definitely tops on my lips. Fuchsia is so hot right now! I will have to check out the eye trios in person, but Trio 3 sounds promising. I like the idea of a glitter liner but I bought a purple one from MAC that doesn't go on very well at all. Maybe I just need to learn how to wear it.

MariahGem said...

Guh, I want it all of course, but $$ is not endless. LOL. I want the same lipsticks and lipglasses as you! I know those are the things I want most. That, and the pink pearl pigment!

I think I can only afford to get one eyepencil, so I think I'm going for black funk/pop blue, because I love the bright blue color. But I love the purple set too... augh.

And the eyeshadow trios look adorable... but I just.. don't think I can splurge over $130 total. I mean, they're $36.50. It's gonna be a hard choice. :)

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hi there Lushious Babe!

Thank you very much for sharing your review on Heatherette for MAC. I will post up your video so as to help out other readers. You are very kind to share :)

I love how the Trio came out on your eyes in the video. Purple looks FABULOUS against your skin! I can't wait to get that.

How is your Holland weekend going so far?

Jenn said...

Hey Mrs Lynne, I'm really excited about this collection!! I want all the lippies and glosses and the beauty powders! hohoho i'm so dead! lol!!! :P

Not sure if this collection is gonna launch here or even when though :( Fafi's only gonna launch next month *yawns* my excitement for Fafi have died down long ago from all that waiting!!

I'm from Malaysia, btw :)

How was your weekend? :D

Jackie said...

DID i make a list? i sure did. well you did it for me! it's everything you posted up there! everyyyything! well except the odd light-neon pinks that i've never been fond of... the sutff like melrose mood and the pink pearl pigment has never really been a good thing for me. i just don't like melrose mood and being pale, pinks like that will just bring out the redness in my cool-toned skin. not too big a fan of fuschia either... pinks are just hard for me to wear =/ i have a feeling i'm going to spend A LOT... i haven't gotten my hands on the beauty powders yet either! i'll be afraid to pay...

yummy411 said...

mama lynne! out of your lemmings what do you think you'll actually walk away with. the glitter liner pencils have been disappointing to me (the christmas collection) =(

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hiya Glosslizard!

I've run across your name a few times at Karen's blog and it's great of you to stop on over :)

Girl, I am so jealous that you got to see Heatherette already! How exciting!! And talk about being at the right place at the right time. My luck, that never happens, lol.

I love my fluidline for regular lining and my technakohl for the waterline. Those are the only ones I own and they are my pair in outlining, hah.

I'm so glad I'm not going to the counter alone on the 20th ;)

So do you have a preference when it comes to make products? Do you like lips over eyes? A sucker for blushes?

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hi there Amanda Pyper,

I think when I first saw the pink packaging, I was thinking cheap acrylic and was unmotivated, lol. But girl, I've seen the swatches of Hollywood Nights and Melrose Mood online and those are some fabulous looking pinks!!

You must share with me your haul of Heatherette and your looks that you come up with when you get them.

What other colors are predominant in your makeup collection right now?

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hi MariahGem,

Oh that Pink Pearl pigment looks to die for! If I get the pigments that is the official start to the pigment collection since I don't own any yet. Shocker, huh?

I honestly don't know if I'll get the eye pencils but based on colors, those are the ones I'm definitely eyeing. But I normally just use my fluidline so I'll probably just stick to it.

And the trios ARE adorable! I love no-brainers, lol! Anything MAC releases is a hard choice for me. I think if I splurge here, I'm definitely on probation. Let's hope the next few collections are eh ;)

What did you grab from the Beauty Powder Blushes?

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hey crazychick. Girl, I will see you in the Makeup Detention Hall, lol. I'm beyond capacity in this makeup obsessed world of ours.

Wow, Fafi STILL hasn't launched? BORING, lol. How are the prices for MAC there? Any better than Australia?

My weekend was good other than the fact that the tykes are sick and Big Tyke is feverish. Buuut, I did get me a new camera ;) Woot! How was yours?

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

eikcaj,

I don't know if I'll drop on the Fushcia but swatches got my interest piqued, hah.

Pinks are rather difficult to wear for me as well. It hardly shows without some pressure :(

Do you know what of the Beauty Powder Blushes you're lemming?

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hey yummy411,

I'm hoping it's MUUUCH less than what I indicated above. I will probably take home the pigments, trios, Sock Hop, Lollipop Loving, and I want to try at least one pencil and one Beauty Powder to review on. But girl, you know it's all tentative until the day comes. But I'm praying it's less because I can do without another hole in the wallet, lol.

What have you narrowed your choices to?

Jenn said...

hey girl, oh yeah, tell me about it baby!! i'm shoooooo fedup of all the waiting!! lol! even singapore which is right next to us launched this collection last month! grrrrr!!

the MAC prices here are slightly higher than US (about US$17 for an eyeshadow after conversion), which is a lot better than AU. Still, for poor office slaves like me, its a very expensive obsession! if only money grow on trees! lol!

oh dear, i hope your sons are feeling better already! you take care too while caring for them! :)

wooohooo!! you got a new camera! which model it is? i'm on a hunt for a new one too. i'm looking at the Nikon P5100 or the yet-to-launch Fuji F100FD. I'm a Fuji devout - gotta love their affordable prices and excellent colors! :)

my weekend was ok... i did a little shopping and catching up on the MAC collections. manage to grab a gloss (2N) from the N-collection - but i was really bummed that they run out of the lippie 3N!! it's sooo pretty!! boohoo!! :'(

Have a great week ahead girl! and stay pretty! :D

Mandee said...

hey Mrs. Lynne

ur lemmings r basically ALL that i want too!! esp the lipglosses/lipsticks!! im so glad they are releasing a week early!! YAY!!!!!!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

crazychick!

Girl, you need to be a US Citizen like YESTERDAY! Lol. But I think makeup in general is an expensive hobby. Especially when you like the ones that aren't sold next to hair dye or Wet 'n Wild :)

Thank you for the kind wishes for my boys. I just know that when they get sick, I get sick. But the second I feel weatherly, I down OJ like no tomorrow and pop a few Vitamin C pills and I'm good to go, haha. Too bad that's not a good idea for the tykes. I hate seeing them feel miserable :(

I picked up a Canon SD850IS. I love Canons. I had a SonyT10 for all the photos on this blog, but I had such a love/hate relationship with it, I just had to go back to Canon. I've seen the red Fuji at the store. I don't know what model it is but it does look pretty sassy! What model is your camera right now?

Lucky you did a little haulin! I was at MAC today and I was swatching the Viva Glam lipsticks.. ok, another lemming. More like I-IV! Have you seen those yet? I WANT!!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hi Mandee!

You know girl. I honestly hope that I walk out with less than I'm lemming. For the sake that I still need to put kids through college, lol!!

What did you think of Fafi when it released? Where you disappointed or loving it?

L said...

thanks for this review! i am so excited for this collection. it'll probably be better than Fafi!

i love the new look to the site by the way. super chic!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

I have a feeling it will be too Lisa! I just might buy my first MAC lipsticks/lipglasses, hah.

Thanks for the compliment girl! And happy Aunty to you too :)

Jamie said...

I am so excited to check this out. I can't believe it's launching on the 20th! Excitement mounts!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Me too BeautyChick101! I have to be there bright and early, with notes in hand, and my list of what I'll already buy so I can be in and out without my kids having any moments to start a fuss, hah!

Post a Comment