MAC At-A-Glance

[November] 11/26 - Monogram - MAC's annual couture collection, 11/30 - Perfect Style
[December] 12/26 - Dame Edna, Chill

March 19, 2008

FOTD: Eversun In Action

In the recent MAC Beauty Powder Blush release, Eversun was one of many colors turning heads. A softer color to that of MAC's Sheertone Shimmer Sunbasque, it gives cheeks a delicate sunkissed appeal without the heavy duty effects of pearl.

Using the MAC 169 for application (I'm definitely feeling this brush over my 129) the color immediately grabs onto the bristles and glides smoothly over the cheek bone. I used Shadester from the Sculpt & Shape Duo to add more dimension to the edge of Eversun. Those two are like long lost friends because they immediately bonded after they both were laid down to play on my cheeks.

And I went their folks. I went and brought back the brick brown lips. Given we're in a different decade that focuses more on nudes, pinks, and corals, I went back in the day to what I used to wear days on end! Brown lined and filled lips with deep-toned coral lipstick over. It did feel a little weird sporting dark bold lips again, but what the hey! I like doing my own thang!

Is the sun kissing your cheeks on this lovely Hump Day?

Aloha,
Mrs. Lynne

(all MAC unless stated otherwise)

FACE
Studio Finish Concealer NW35 (finger)
Studio Stick Foundation SPF15 NC43 (on cheeks to even out skin color - 242)
Buff'd Custom Formula One (182)
Eversun Beauty Powder Blush (169)
Shadester/Lightsweep Sculpt & Shape Powder (169, 129)

BROWS

STILA Brow Set (266)

EYES

UDPP
Nice Vice p/p with moisturizer (lid - 242)
Goldmine e/s (inner lid - 239)
Memorabilia e/s (outer lid, crease - 239, 217)
Nocturnelle e/s (outer lid - 217)
Shroom e/s (highlight - 239)
Blacktrack Fluidline (outer upper lashline - 208)
Graphblack Technakohl (waterline)
Carbon e/s (outer crease, outer lower lashline - 266)
L'Oreal Double Extend Base & Covergirl Lash Blast

LIPS
NYX Dark Brown Lipliner Pencil (outline and fill)
NYX Twig










Do you enjoy the FOTDs? Then please subscribe to our feed or have email updates sent directly to you!

Share and Enjoy your MakeupFix!

43 makeovers:

Jaclyn Rose said...

omg, twinnie... you look super fabuloso. WOW, so defined and golden. LOVE IT!!!! especially the lips.

nilla cookie said...

You look sultry and AMAZING!! I wish I could do eyes like that but.. oh well - LOL!

I love the lips too, I love the whole look!

Krystle said...

WOW who needs the Hawaiian sun when you have recreated that natural sunkissed look. I love the eyebrows in this FOTD.

I still haven't had the chance to check out the BPBs. =( I hope they will still be around when I have a chance to go.

yummy411 said...

great look lynne! i really need nocturnelle in my life huh? do you think so if i have both purple mattene2 shadows and a purple pigment?

did you remove your lip piercing? what happened?

Jenn said...

Girl! this has to be my favourite look of you! you look so sultry and sexy!! :D seriously, have you ever considered modelling? you have an amazing facial structure! :D looks like i gotta rethink about my decision of not getting the sculpt & shape powder!! my face is flat as a pancake and i need cheekbones like yours!! lol!

Shizznizzle said...

I LOVE THIS LOOK !!! i personally think this lip color suits you the best, and dont make me start with your bronze glow..

it's soooo pretty, hey which Buff'd mix you use?

:D

Anonymous said...

I love this look on you! You look stunning :D

I have Eversun BPB coming in the mail from a swap. I hope it looks as good on me as it does on you *fingers crossed*

Hope you're having a wonderful week :D

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

You know what sis Lynne, you should be the spokesperson for NYX lipsticks. Hahahaha. :) I guess I have another lipstick that I'll have to try. It's funny because I was ACTUALLY eyeing that color because I had to place another order and order NYX's Black Label lipstick in Plum... now I'm regretting not getting this one. :( Bah. Anywho, I REALLY REALLY love this look on you. The colors all mesh so well together! You look gorgeous. :D

MariahGem said...

OMG! You look gorgeous!! I am never very good with bronzers, but even I am considering Eversun. That looks SO FAB on you!!!

Unknown said...

aaah.....looking back at this picture makes me want to get eversun even more!! i just tried the true romantic blush on me...it's sooo pretty on my cheeks. it really looks like a natural flush on my face. shy beauty looks nice too, bad for my wallet though. i might check out the one for heatherette since it has the beauty powders too that can be good as a bronzer. what are planning to get??? anything? but of course. hahahha.


i'm gon return my pearl ccb :\. it's so freaking hard to blend with it. i'm just gon stick to my paint pots.

Jaclyn Rose said...

twin, i hope you don't mind, but i stole this look or shall I say used it as inspiration =) for my look today at work. hehe. I didn't get to pick up any of the beauty powders, but I am now definitely contemplating getting eversun. all I know is that if it looks fabulous on you then it should work for me.

the funny thing is, whenever I have to fix mr. man's co-workers or friends computers he tells them that if they want to pay me, pay me in MAC gift cards, LOL!!! when he told me that I thought that was pretty funny.

I'll be posting up my FOTD of this look soon.

Anonymous said...

AMAZING !!! One of your best looks, must say! And the lisptick looks like it was made with you in mind...just so perfect! I am so gonna get Twig ;)
Lovely eyebrows as always :)
Though the husband could complain about buying many shades of the same color...I am sure he is secretly happy and proud when he sees you looking the most polished and most beautiful in a crowd !
Love the look!

MsLanie said...

Love it! With the sculpting look, your cheek bones are so perfect. I love the eye colors too. Gotta love goldmine and nocturnelle. Everything blends in so well together.

Xuanie said...

loving the fotd! very pretty! and i like the lips too i think it works well with your skintone. i can never wear dark or bright lips. i just hate it. i can only add a tint of color.

SFxSP said...

Lynne, you look gorgeous! I'm loving the colors (purple works with almost everything) =).

So have you made a trip to the MAC store to pick up your Heatherette goodies?

Unknown said...

I love the lip color and your bone structure is amazing especially in the third pic!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hiya Jackie! Thanks sis. Your rendition of this look is super hot! I'm so glad we're related ;) Heh.

Happy Aloha Friday love.

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Thank you nilla cookie!

I was actually going to do this as my 80s Challenge look but opted against it since well,.. it's not very 80s, lol.

I'm still having a tough time deciding on colors. Have you thought of what you're going to be using yet? I'm stuck.

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hey Krystle,

Thanks my love :) I actually thought the BPBs would be sold out, but when I went to check out Heatherette, they were all still in stock. Not as hot as I was thinking -- yippie!

But you should definitely get a couple. A little goes a long way and they are just the right shade for any skin!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

yummy411, you need to get up on Nocturnelle girl! If there is one purple I would recommend, it's definitely this one - I LOVE IT!! I always find myself reaching for this one when I want some sort of purple.

And I still have my piercing. I don't wear it all the time. I normally will wear it every now and then just to keep the hole fresh :)

Happy Aloha Friday girl!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Thank you for the lovely compliment crazychick. I'm glad you diggs :)

I wanted to model when I was younger, but never knew what to do or how to do it. I wouldn't do it now though with the kids. Unless I'm asked, then that's another story, lol.

I like the Sculpt & Shape. It definitely adds definition to the face in my opinion :)

GET IT, GET IT, GET IT...

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Mahalo Nanzy. I'm really glad that the camera caught it well because normally it will wash it out.

I use a custom formula of Buff'd. I was very close using Caramel, but Jen (the owner) and I decided that it just wasn't close enough. So she custom mixed me a couple shades and they work amazing. I have to get a hold of her to see if/when she'll be offering it to the public. Do you know what you're skin reference is in MAC? Just wondering if we are the similar in color.

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Thank you very much Julie. The week is finally over - thank goodness! I think you will really enjoy Eversun. It's so versatile, I really want to use it everyday!

Do you have any plans for the weekend?

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

OMG Chris! Plum looks sooo good. I'm definitely going to have to pick that up!

And thank you for the lovely compliments :)

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

MariahGem,

Bronzers are nice especially with the weather warming up. And Eversun is a great tester for the bronze. It's much softer than regular bronzers but that's good so you can use it everyday. I know this one is definitely daily safe, hah.

How are you doing anyways? Any plans this weekend?

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

I agree Anne. I'm sold to my paint pots, hah. They have me for life. Over time I plan to make a home for them all.

Honestly, all the blushes are really pretty. A little goes a long way too which is nice. I think if you want to add one, Eversun is a excellent choice.

I wasn't too moved with Heatherette's BP. I like the BPBs more.

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Jackie,

I absolutely don't mind that you use the look! It's all about inspiration girlfriend. And yours looks fabulous! I love it!

That is good payment girl. I hope people pay me in MAC giftcards, lol. That's all I want for presents :)

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Thank you Indian Girl! Your comments are very heartwarming :)

Twig is a nice deep-toned coral color. It's pretty on it's own as well!

Hope you have a great week girl!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hiya mrslanielovesmac! Thanks for the love hun. How have you been doing lately?

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Thanks Xuanie. I can believe I used to sport this everyday before, lol! I was a total brown queen.

Have you done any Heatherette shopping yet? What did you and your sis get?

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hi soFresh & soPink,

Thank you kindly girl :) Purple is a must in EVERY collection, hah.

I did pick up the Heatherette goods, but I have to say that the Beauty Powder Blushes are more in my area of the woods this time. Heatherette was nice, but I just wasn't movitated, lol. I think my wallet thanks me.

Have you gotten your Heatherette stuff yet? What are your thoughts on it?

Seymone said...

Hey mama. You look fantasic. All nice and glowy. Eversun should be your HG blush.

(g)ezebel said...

very beautiful look!!! i love how your face shimmers. :0)

and you have really sexy lips. *mwah*

Mary said...

Wow. Wow. Wow.
I love love love this look!! It's absolutely gorgeous. May I take reference of it? :D

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

You absolutely may marasu3! And you don't need to ask girl. Everything on here is for your inspirational pleasure :)

Love to see what you come up with. I bet your rendition will be amazing!

JANE said...

Killer combo girl! I love the colors on you :) Eversun is absolutely gorgeous on your skin!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Thaaank you my honey ladyjane! Did you get any of the Beauty Powder Blushes when they released?

Anonymous said...

eversun blush looks so beautifully natural on your skin tone!

Post a Comment