MAC At-A-Glance

[November] 11/26 - Monogram - MAC's annual couture collection, 11/30 - Perfect Style
[December] 12/26 - Dame Edna, Chill

November 21, 2008

MAC Product Release: Metal Urge Swatches

If you were digging on MAC last year, you might have had the misfortune of buying some items from their Metal-X Cream Eyeshadow release like I did. They offered a vivid yet simple and basic array of color, but the results and usability of the product left many MAC fanatics disappointed - yes, me too!

Another year later and MAC is pushing it out again with another attempt at stardom. Will they succeed? You be the judge...


The Metal-X Cream Eyeshadows are fairly similar (if not exactly the same) to last year's release as far as the formula goes. Unfortunately, they didn't promote a nice purple color like last year's Plum Electric, but honestly, I don't think I'd bat another eyelash at taking one of these home with me. But I do give many credits to the colors Gilded Ash, Gold Spice, Forged Rose, and Verdigris. Those made me double think my purchasing decision, but I held strong and decided against it, hah!


The pigments are really pretty. I mean, when are they NOT. Gold Mode and Cocomotion are repromotes from prior releases (better get your mits on Cocomotion!) but Spiritualize is the new kid on the block and a handsome one at that.


If I had to choose one of the Reflects Glitter jars to buy, it would definitely be Reflects Bronze. It's so gorgeous in swatch and would go great in topping off any earthtone look. Reflects Duo Purple and Reflects Very Pink are more translucent so they purely just add sparkle to the application. And Reflects Blackened Red would look so lovely if mixed with some lipgloss and used to top off a number of lipsticks!


The Liquidlast Liners are just perfect. All are part of the permanent line with exceptions to Molten Sol (an intriguing coppery bronze) and Visionaire (a solid princess pink). These are definitely long lasting liners - hasn't budged off my arm yet! Green Play isn't part of the release but I swatched it just in case I read the line up incorrectly when I went in for swatching. Still pretty though, yah?

Did you find any attractions to the Metal Urge line or are you waiting to splurge on some of the MAC holiday gear?

Aloha,
Mrs. Lynne

Share and Enjoy your MakeupFix!

2 makeovers:

MakeupByRenRen said...

i think i'm passing too...gotta save money for february...makeup show miami and hello kitty!

Post a Comment