MAC At-A-Glance

[November] 11/26 - Monogram - MAC's annual couture collection, 11/30 - Perfect Style
[December] 12/26 - Dame Edna, Chill

October 22, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Baby Tyke!

In Hawai'i, 1st birthday celebrations are HUGE. Folks will spend grands on the event because back in the day, little babies sadly weren't even making it to the "big one". So, if your child made it to their first birthday, it was a very big deal.

But in any case, birthdays should always be a big deal, at least for the little ones. Once you turn 21, then uh... it starts to taper in celebrations, hah.

So I'd like to give the spotlight to my babes for trucking hard this past year. For taking on the world full swing and for reminding me how crucial it is to enjoy each day carefree and without regret. To smile, to laugh, to cry... and to not fret over a turned over bowl full of pureed baby food finding it's way into every nook and cranny other than a hungry mouth. And for making me more obsessed about my skin since yours looks sooo much better than mine, lol! (I WANT!!)

Ok, serious though. It's been an enduring yet humbling experience for me to realize what it takes to be a parent and to be a success-in-progress at that, which I am by far on the latter. You remind me that simple is always impressive and that even though you don't always get your way, there's always a loving compromise. You have the most heartfelt laugh that makes me melt every time and teeth that make me realize you're not a baby anymore. You are another perfect piece in my life and I couldn't have asked for anything more.

And my dear son, no matter how many lemons are thrown our way... whether it be another move, daddy going to school, or having to find another job that will make sure you and your brother will be taken cared of, MAMA WILL MAKE LEMONADE!!

I love you!



Awaited Moment: Yay! Your 1st birthday has come and I can FINALLY cut your hair... no more "awww... what a cute little girl" even though you're clearly wearing BLUE :)

Hope everyone enjoyed their Hump Day! Cheers!

Aloha,
Mrs. Lynne

Share and Enjoy your MakeupFix!

19 makeovers:

Jaclyn Rose said...

awwwww! he is just toooooo adorable! yay! happy birthday lil man! they do grow up soooo fast.

You know, I know of the not to cut the baby's hair until they are one, but with my oldest, I had to cut it when he was 6 months old because that kid was born with soooo much hair and it just kept growing! I wanted to wait, but I just couldn't, it was all up in his face and there was a ton of it! LOL

Anyways, Hope he has a blast at his bday party! Children are a blessing, huh, twinnie?

Tracy Roa said...

Happy birthday to your baby boy! He's so adorable! You must be one proud mama. =) I'm actually going to Hawaii this December with my bf for his nephew's 1st birthday. From what I hear, it's gonna be huge. Haha. So, I guess you're right about the celebrations there.

Jenn said...

Happy birthday to your baby tyke! Awwww... isn't he cute!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Awwww!!! Happy B-Day to the world's littlest heart-breaker!

The 4 Rockstars said...

What a cuuutie!
Forgive me but I totally thought he was a she before I read your post. xDD

Shawnta said...

Awww That is too cute!!! That's right mama we are the lemonade queens! :)

Phyllis Bourne said...

Happy birthday to your little cutie pie! Ahhhh, he was soooo good while you swatched your hands at the MAC store!

yummy411 said...

happy bday to the sweetest little thing.. too adorable! and congrats mommy.. a whole year with two bundles of love!

Anonymous said...

Too friggen cute!! He has such big oogley eyes!!! Happy Bday to him!

Anonymous said...

what?! girls can't wear blue, that's discriminatory.

Post a Comment