MAC At-A-Glance

[November] 11/26 - Monogram - MAC's annual couture collection, 11/30 - Perfect Style
[December] 12/26 - Dame Edna, Chill

June 20, 2008

New Loot: Mailman Brings Buff'd To My Doorstep, Part I

Earlier this month, Buff'd Cosmetics excitedly fused in a few new things into their product offerings. Not only is Jennifer Burns, Owner of Buff'd Cosmetics, promoting 20% off all full-size products until July 31, 2008 AND a new formulated foundation color named Cognac (dark shade with heavy yellow undertones; darker than my HG foundation in Camel), their foundations are now available in three formulas: Light, Original, and Concealing.

Jennifer is always such a delight to work with and headed Camel in the new Concealing formula my way. And if you've had the pleasure to do business with Jennifer, you know that she never stops there and always includes a little something extra. She surprised me by including Caramel in the new Concealing formula as well, since that is the next closest color that my skin likes, and to top off the package, I was gifted with a sample of mineral eyeshadow in Fairy Tale.


(Left) Camel in Concealing and (Right) Camel in Original

(Left) Caramel in Concealing and (Right) Caramel in Original



The main ingredient difference between the Original and Concealing formula is Kaolin Clay. Kaolin Clay is a natural absorbent found in many hygiene products as well as cosmetics all over the world. It is high in mineral content that makes it beneficial for oily skin yet it does not take away the skin's natural oils making it also great to use on those with dry skin. It is also mild enough to be used by those with sensitive skin. It is known to rejuvenate the skin while exfoliating it, increasing circulation, and clearing pores when used as a mask.

The coverage of the new Concealing formula is fantastic. It really smooths out the skin and makes it so soft to touch - I don't know of any other foundation that does this! Although I don't need the extra coverage, I've personally stayed away from full-coverage foundations purely based on the fact that I don't enjoy the extra weight of ingredients on my face. I need anything on my face to be as lightweight as possible.

But with Buff'd's new Concealing foundation formula, there is no weight difference between this formula and the Original formula that I use. This is a major plus and one of the main reasons I liked Buff'd from the beginning because their foundation felt nearly non-existant on my skin.



The new formula is such a dream. And after a long day, I've noticed how the Kaolin Clay works hard to keep the oils at bay because I found myself not needing to touch up as often.

I cannot say enough good things about the new formula. Definitely a winner on my list for sure!

If you think this is good stuff, stay tuned as I will reveal to your shortly what else the mailman brought to me from Buff'd. In a word = color!

Aloha,
Mrs. Lynne

Don't miss out on "Mailman Brings Buff'd To My Doorstep, Part II" by subscribing to our feed. Rather have our posts emailed to you instead? Enter your email address here and have many more posts from us delivered to your inbox!

Share and Enjoy your MakeupFix!

12 makeovers:

Vanessa said...

OMG I know sis we have TONS of catching up to do! And yes stay with me! We can do makeovers! LOL I love your new hair btw!

And yes Jon would LOVE to drink a beer with your hubbo and play with the tykes because he is a big kid himself (and he'll love that it's non makeup related!) HAHAHA

Have an awesome weekend beautiful!

Anonymous said...

oooo this stuff looks sooo good on you!! I've been using the MAC minerals and I am fairly satisfied with it but I have been looking for a mineral foundation with better coverage that doesn't look cakey. You look luminous in this stuff!! :D

I can't tell which shade would work for me... I'm a NC35 in MAC foundations... how can I get me some samples? :)

Shizznizzle said...

hi sis, just wanna share smthn. If you decide to buy another FS of Buff'd you can just get their refill baggies on their kits section, therefore you can get a free shipping, as we all know all baggies in buff'd are free shipping : ) hope that helps hehe

I love their blushes too, very pretty and pigmented.

psychoexgirlfriend said...

Hey Lynne, I haven't been back to your blog in a while but great haircut! It really compliments your features!

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE buff'd and her new concealing formula is AWESOMEEEEE. i'm in seriously LOVE with it. i WAS going to order a full size of her original formula before she released her full coverage one but decided to wait until she was offering samples of her full coverage one. i'm SO glad that i did! it' serious love. LOL. :) glad you're enjoying her foundation, i still remember when you asked me what my FAVE mineral foundation was, and i recommended you too buff'd. ;)

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

p.s. very cute new do! i'm debating on cutting my hair too... nothing too drastic though... and i'm still not sure what kinda cut to get. :P

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

For sure Sis Nessa! Next time we're in the LA area, you can bet that I'm gonna hollar at y'all :) But I hope you'll come here before that happens since I don't know the next time I'm going to get off this rock :/

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hi Nosh,

Thanks for stopping by hun :)

I actually have the MAC Mineralize Foundation Loose powder and remember liking it for it being a commercial mineral product.

But I have to tell you that Buff'd is still a winner in my heart :)

I'm an NC43 in MAC and I wear either Caramel or Camel depending on the day and how the weather looks outside. I would definitely visit their site and send Jennifer an email asking her what she feels would be a good match or your skin color.

Once you get a chance to try out the product, please let me know what you think of them, ok? I'd love to hear your feedback :)

Thanks for stopping by Nosh. I hope you will continue to visit and keep me informed on your mineral foundation search. Let me know if you have any questions, ok?

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

That is great info Sis Nanzy! Thank you for sharing.. I totally forgot about the kits.

And I have a couple of their blush samples. They are very pigments and gorgeous!!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Thanks psychoexgf! It's always great to see you :) How are you doing anyways?

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hey Sis Chris,

Perhaps it was that subtle foundation inquiry that is now responsible for my mineral obsession now, lol! You were very smart to wait on the full-size. I actually bought one but that was already a month or so ago that I purchased it. I am considering getting the concealing though because I really like that it has Kaolin Clay in it. I'm all over anything that keeps the oils in check. I've been wearing the Setting Powder over the concealing also and really? Oil hardly creeps up like it used to! It's seriously like magic!!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Btw, I think you can totally do the same hairstyle that I have perhaps just a longer version of it since you're not comfortable with short hair. Take my word sis - you can totally rock it!! You have the features for it...

Post a Comment