MAC At-A-Glance

[November] 11/26 - Monogram - MAC's annual couture collection, 11/30 - Perfect Style
[December] 12/26 - Dame Edna, Chill

January 8, 2008

Haul: False Lashes and NYX Lipstick

After buying my Ardell Lashes, I found out that they were the same length as my natural lashes so I grabbed another pair of cheapo lashes just to have another style in hand since they are longer in length. I have yet to get eyelash glue that doesn't contain Ammonium Hydroxide like the Duo glue, but Longs just hasn't been in the direction that I've been headed lately.

And remember B52 from my last swatch at Longs? My convenient NYX selling grocery store (I love this!) had it and you know you can't leave a girl hanging. So you can guess who came home with me. And I'm glad because it's such a perfect wine tinted nude color although on my lips it does look more nude. Me gusta!

With controlled makeup purchasing at the top of our New Years Resolutions lists, I think I complied with this simple purchase. I actually had some NYX shadows and a trio in my hand but confidently returned them to their rightful spots on the shelves.

How is everyone doing with their purchases so far this year?

Aloha,
Mrs. Lynne

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Share and Enjoy your MakeupFix!

8 makeovers:

mayaari said...

nice mini haul - I keep seeing people talk about NYX cosmetics, but I'm trying not to go into online ordering overload..all my previous hauls were technically placed in December, haha...so they don't count, right?

So far I *think* my purchases have been reasonable...ordered some brushes and false lashes from E.L.F. using their coupon, and Lumene products while they were on sale too. Need to save my money to order contacts and glasses instead..you know, that whole sight thing =P

luuuuuuuv the lipcolor!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

mayaari: Good girl you! You've got your spending under control, utilizing coupons and sales is the way to go. And yes, December purchases don't count ;) I know I'm not counting mine, hah.

Oh boy, we need to really take care of our eyes! I definitely need new contacts. I can hold on the glasses since mine are still usable. But I really don't like wearing glasses. They leave the nose dents that aren't so sexy, hah.

MakeupByRenRen said...

hey hon! well so far...my spending is alrighttttt...my budget per month goes from mid-month to mid-month...kinda weird, so I start anew on January 24th...but like you said...a bunch of my purchases were done in December so I'm good right? he he...this weekend I only spent $40 at MAC...that was good for me! However...i'm going to have to get the mineralized skinfinish in warmed from the n-collection since I don't have any of the sparkly ones...hopefully I just get that!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Ren,

Thank goodness December purchases don't count! And congrats on the nil MAC purchase - $40 is GOOD!

I have faith in you girl. You can do it :)

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

hey love,

i haven't bought anything really this new year. :P i love that lipstick color! and it is a gorgeous nude color on your lips! :] hmm... all your positive reviews on the nyx lipsticks make me want to try them. :P

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hey Chris,

Good good! I'm glad your purchasing has yet to be tapped into this year.

Isn't B52 just an amazing color? I know for sure I'm not feeling the Sparkling Lipstick line. NO ME GUSTA! But this line has really done good for me. It's definitely worth trying out. If it doesn't turn out, then at least it was only a few dollars unless you can return it for a refund where you buy it.

Anonymous said...

That colour looks nice for those 'natural' days but I think I'm too young to be wearing lipstick, lol. Maybe in a few years!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hey Julie,

B52 is a fabulous color. I haven't been this crazy about a lipstick color in a LONG TIME, if ever. At least now you know when you start coloring up those puckers of yours, to check out NYX :)

Post a Comment