MAC At-A-Glance

[November] 11/26 - Monogram - MAC's annual couture collection, 11/30 - Perfect Style
[December] 12/26 - Dame Edna, Chill

January 7, 2008

FOTD: Wraa... Parrot Over Delft ROCK... Wraa! (2 Versions)

I always thought parrots were cool. You could teach them to repeat what you say and I just thought it would be neat to hear one say the infamous "Polly wanna cracker" line. Its a little kid thing, what can I say.

I remember last year when Hubbo and I were viewing open houses since we were in the market to upgrade, and we visited this home that had a parrot in the garage. The real estate agent holding the open house warned us of the bird in the garage and told us that this was a unique bird. And a unique bird it was! It didn't have just any mouth, it had the mouth of a sailor! And boy did that bird spit out a decent amount of profanity. We thought it was so hilarious that we made another stop by the garage on the way out just to have one more good laugh before we left.

With all the hype that let out when information leaked that Parrot would be released with the Originals collection, I just had to know what it was all about. Many will attest to saving their money because Shimmermoss is similar (and part of the permanent line) to Parrot, but I'm the type that wants the original and not something close. This is my OCD when it comes to collecting anything.

In comparison, Parrot is more blue in hue while Shimmermoss is more green in hue. When swatched side by side, a meticulous eye can notice the difference. When pans are side-by-side, it's like taking a blind taste test between Coke and Pepsi. I'm all for Coke though and know that taste ANYWHERE! Lol.

The first version I did a couple of days ago. Since I have to accomplish my postings whenever there's a free moment (aka Big Boy K is sleeping!), I normally download, crop, then upload my pictures at night once the lullabies do their job. Then I keep the pictures drafted in my dashboard so I can work on it as time avails itself the following day(s).

Between then and now, I did another look that was almost exactly the same (Version 2). Just slightly tweaked. Still in the process of doing Base Trials, I decided to do another paint pot test. I still had my pots out from Version 1 still laying around my sad lack-of-a-traincase bathroom so I just grabbed them and redid the look, for the most part. Thought it would be neat to showcase nearly the same products just a slight variation to it.

And sadly for me, I tried my Ardell 108s but had to tear them off within 30 minutes because my sensitive eyes were getting irritated. The DUO glue contains Ammonium so I think that is why my eyes were teary and stinging. I was actually expecting the 108s to be longer, but when I put them on I was disappointed because they were the exact same length as my regular lashes. I was looking for something long and fancy, hah. Instead they just made my lashes look fuller which was still nice.

Anyhow, for those of you on the West Coast, I hope the nasty sky is letting up and peeping some sun. Just thinking of you folks and hope you're safe. That's my home too :)

Aloha,
Mrs. Lynne

(all MAC unless stated otherwise)

*Differences are noted in BOLD ITALIC

FACE

Everyday Minerals Medium Tan Intensive (182)
Sunbasque Blush (129)

BROWS

STILA Brow Set (266)

EYES

Delft p/p (right eye - 242)
Delft p/p w/ Moisturizer (left eye - 242)
Parrot e/s (lid - 239)
Clue e/s (crease - 217)
Charred e/s (outer V - 222)
Shroom e/s (highlight - 217)
Blacktrack f/l (upper lashline - 208)
Graphblack Technakohl (waterline)
L'Oreal Double Extend Base and Telescopic
Ardell #108

LIPS
NYX Twig Lipstick
Version 1
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Here's so you can see the lashes :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Version 2

FACE
Everyday Minerals Sandy Medium Intensive (182)
Sunbasque Blush (129)

BROWS

Gray of Earthly Riches MES (266)

EYES

Delft p/p w/ Moisturizer OVER UDPP(right eye - 242)
Delft p/p w/ Moisturizer OVER Bare Canvas Paint (left eye - 242)
Parrot e/s (lid - 239, middle lower lashline - 219)
Clue e/s (crease - 222)
Charred e/s (outer lid - 217, outer lower lashline - 219)
Carbon e/s (outer V - 217)
Moonflower e/s (inner V, inner lower lashline - 219)
Shroom e/s (highlight - 222)
Shimmersand s/s (base for lower lashline)
Blacktrack f/l (upper lashline - 208)
Graphblack Technakohl (waterline)
L'Oreal Double Extend Base, Voluminous and Telescopic
Ardell #108 - no lashes

LIPS
Lip Conditioner SPF 15

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My cousin just got married so her and her husband honeymooned in Kaua'i this past week. They were flying out from our island so it was great that we got to see them. I haven't seen her in a good decade or so! Version 2 is what I sported for this eventful little meeting.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Share and Enjoy your MakeupFix!

14 makeovers:

Vanessa said...

lynne!!! You gorgeous gal you I am loving this look and parrot is one of my favs such a pretty color!

Nikkia Chanel said...

Gorgeous! Wow I'm loving both versions of this look. I didn't even think about using delft p/p as a base thanks for the tip.
Have a good day

MakeupByRenRen said...

wow...i love both looks too...the first is more day and the next is spiced up for night. I never thought of using delft under parrot...but now I will!

I gotta get that medium tan mineral makeup, it looks so good on you!

Krystle said...

Thanks for all of those comments on my blog! I love the love you are sharing there! =)

Gosh, after seeing your FOTDs I want parrot! I passed it up when I checked it out because I don't see a use for it. Btw, what shade are your in MAC SF? I'm just curious.

I have some good news for you! The today was a beautiful day for the bay area. Sunshine all day long! That really perked me up since I haven't seen the sun in a few days. Hope all is well in Hawaii. Soak up some rays for me because I have having some major beach withdrawals right now.

nilla cookie said...

Hi Mrs. Lynne,

I love Parrot and I love both Parrot looks on you!

I actually love the grey you did in Look #2; think I must try that one of these days. :) Thanks for the continued inspiration.

Hope all is well with you!

Elizabeth said...

damn i should of ordered EDM in sandy medium but im not sure about the color match though.

Sighs, i would of used my debit card but the thing is most internation sites dont allow you to use debit cards, poor me!

anyway, loving the eyes very pretty!

Unknown said...

You look gorgeous in both versions but I'd have to say that I prefer the 2nd one more because it really makes your eyes "pop"!

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

very pretty love. i like the second version better because like the person above me says, "it makes your eyes pop." :]

psychoexgirlfriend said...

Hey Mrs Lynne, Parrot looks gorgeous on your skintone! I had an MA swatch Shimmermoss and Aquadisiac against Parrot and Parrot is def more blue. I also notice it's more blue than Waternymph (from the Lure collection) although Waternymph and Parrot look the same on my eye. :( Now I'm wondering what to do with Parrot....

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Nessa: Thanks love. I am so fascinated over Parrot. It really is gorgeous :)

slvrlips: You bet sweetie!

Ren: I saw Delft in a tutorial once and knew I had to have it. And I'm glad I did. It's really nice in the pot.

I just found out that Sandy Medium is my shade. Definitely order yourself a sample from Everyday Minerals. It's a nice change from liquid foundation.

Krystle: I'm so glad to hear that you had some sun hun!! Hopefully it's warm too, heh.

I'm an NC42 in Studio Fix Fluid.

Nilla: Thank you Nilla for the lovely compliment! You're such a sweetheart. And everything is going great! Thank you for asking :)

Elizabeth: Boo for the international purchasing hardships!! You should create your own company that makes it easier for folks like yourself to purchase from e-tailers :)

cindy: Thanks love :)

Chris: Oh, I'd love to see Parrot on you! I bet it'd look amazing. Ooh, and with your gray contacts? Yum!

psychoex: I've heard of Waternymph but that was before my time, hah. I just started crazy purchases this past October. Well, depending on how much you like the color, you can always keep Parrot as a back up in case you dig right through Waternymph :)

yummy411 said...

gorgeous ma! wowee in those lashes..

and most of all.. look at the pumpkins! esp. the chubby cheeked little one in your arms!!!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

yummy411,

I'm not really digging the lashes. It was my first EVER attempt and I don't think I did it right because it felt sooo weird when I blinked, lol.

Can you imagine that chubster is only 2 months? It feels like he weighs more than my almost 2-year old! Hah. Did babyYum bulk up pretty fast in those early days?

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

juvenescent Thank you very much! I love Parrot. Are you a MAC lover as well?

Post a Comment