MAC At-A-Glance

[November] 11/26 - Monogram - MAC's annual couture collection, 11/30 - Perfect Style
[December] 12/26 - Dame Edna, Chill

December 28, 2007

Haul: NYX Shadows/Lips and Cheapo Falsies :)

I was at my local grocery store the other day that conveniently sells NYX and picked up some pinks. I was asked by reader Anne to do a purple/pink FOTD and believe it or not, I don't own many pinks. Everything is more on the purplish side but nothing really pink except Gleam (which is just a bunch of pink glitter, yuck!).

After swatching these when I got home, I think I picked up some "safe" pinks instead of bolder pinks. I'll try the FOTD suggestion with these but I think I want to do it also with something as pink as Passionate.

The NYX Diamond Sparkle Lipsticks are interesting. Sparkling Velvet is this very pretty sheer lavender color with gold reflects and wears like a thin gloss. Slightly textured because of the sparkle but glides on silky and sheer. Sparkling Flamingo reminds me of Expensive Pink e/s. Mid-tone pink with gold shimmer. This lipstick on the other hand is VERY textured and more opaque than Sparkling Velvet. Perhaps it's because I hardly wear lipstick, but I was kind of turned off by it's slathered on look and feel. Weird that they're from the same line but wear completely different.

And I picked up my first pair of super cheapo falsies to try out. At $0.99, why not?

I know my swatches are horrible looking. You can't see crap let alone the difference between the shades on my hand. Trust me, I tried every setting combination possible and my White Balance setting isn't manual. It's either 'Auto' or 'Flash'. I am up to the wazoos with my Sony T10. If you're looking for a camera with more options in manual settings, DO NOT get this camera! The only thing that I like about it, is the slider on the front that automatically turns the camera on when slid downward. Other than that, junk junk junk.

Anyhow, I have my makeover tomorrow mid-morning. I think I'm going to ask about shadesticks and cream color bases under eyeshadows in addition to contouring. The properties of my eyes are changing and seems to be less oily now. Which, I guess is good considering that problems with creasing are starting to be minimal.

So what's on your itinerary for the weekend? Hot dates? Movies? Chillaxin'?

Well stay warm folks. Much sun and love from your online islander :)

Aloha,
Mrs. Lynne

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Share and Enjoy your MakeupFix!

6 makeovers:

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

nice haul. those nyx shadows are pretty. :D i noticed i don't have a lot of pinks in my collection either... hmmm. :P anywho, can't wait to see your up and coming FOTD's and what tips you get during your makeover. :D yay, how exciting!

Shawnta said...

Can't wait to hear how the makeover went! Chillaxin......I love it!

yummy411 said...

great haul! i i haven't had success with nyx l/s in the past. pretty colors though.

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

-Chris: Somehow the pinks have been neglected, poor things. And you know you'll be in the loop with how things go :)

-Shawnta: You know how we do it here girl! Hope your weekend is warming up.

-yummy411: Yah, I was rather disappointed. But at least glad it didn't break the bank you know?

MakeupByRenRen said...

you know I noticed I only have a few pinks too...what's up with that? lol, i think we were all so into bolder colors...back in the day I used to rock some pinks by Urban Decay until all I have left is a tiny lil ring...i'm going to bust those back out thanks to you!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Ren: I've actually only been wearing bolder shadows for about a year now and using makeup brushes since October. Back in the day I was super natural and if I wore shadow, it was Wet'n Wild, lol. How infant I was!

Looking forward to those pinks girl!

Post a Comment