MAC At-A-Glance

[November] 11/26 - Monogram - MAC's annual couture collection, 11/30 - Perfect Style
[December] 12/26 - Dame Edna, Chill

December 26, 2007

EOTN: A Bit of the Originals At Work

Seems like Christmas was rockin' this year for everyone. I mostly got money from the family for the family, a pair of Crocs slippers (cushion, cushion, cushion!!), and MAC giftcards. Hubbo and I didn't even exchange gifts because... well, I guess we're just feeling aged and phasing out that tradition, lol. Plus, our 2 year wedding anniversary is coming up at the end of the month. If we're lucky enough to just have dinner (probably not by ourselves, lol) then that's all good with me.

Anyhow, here are some Christmas moments:

I was FINALLY able to score a decent shot with him since he's always moving.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We just woke up and the other one is sleepy already, lol.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Looks like an innocent toy, right?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's what that innocent toy belongs to!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Later that night, we went to this one neighborhood that has the houses at the end of the cul-de-sac filled with lights and outdone in decorations. One of the houses has this tree in the front made out of Heineken bottles with lights that correspond to the rhythm of the music. Yes, they even have music playing throughout the block. Soooo cool. And not only that, they serve hot chocolate and marshmallows to the people that come by, a guestbook to log the crowd, and a lady in a green apron handing out candy canes.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

They also have another tree made of Bud Light bottles.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I didn't do my makeup for Christmas (shame, shame) because we just stayed home and celebrated with Hubbo's parents. I miss the family get-togethers around the holidays, but being so far from everyone a quiet holiday isn't so bad either.

A few days ago, I did an EOTN using colors from the Originals. Parrot is very similar to Shimmermoss but a bit more on the blue side whereas Shimmermoss is more on the green side. I used 5 out of the 7 eyeshadows I got. Not bad, huh?

Anyhow, glad to hear and see that your Christmas' were eventful. Less than a week and we'll be celebrating a new year. Are you ready??

Aloha,
Mrs. Lynne

(all MAC unless stated otherwise)


EYES

UDPP
Bare Canvas Paint (lid - 242)
Parrot e/s (lid - 239)
Ochre Style e/s (inner V - 219)
Clue e/s (crease - 217)
Charred e/s (outer V, crease - 222, 217)
Alum e/s (highlight - 239)
Moonflower e/s (inner lower lashline - 219)
Jewel Blue e/s (outer lower lashline - 219)
Graphblack Technakohl (waterline)

L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

You probably can't tell unless you are very meticulous, but I added Transparent Teal Reflects Glitter on the lid and lower lashline.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Share and Enjoy your MakeupFix!

16 makeovers:

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

aww... the kids are TOO adorable. :] Those "Christmas Trees" are sooo cool loooking. :] I'm glad to hear you had a great christmas with the family. :D Parrot looks sooo pretty against your skin too! :D

Shawnta said...

WooHoo 5 out of 7 and it doesn't' look overdone at all. I thought 3 would be the max because they really didn't seem to compliment each other but you pulled it off. Awww the kids look adorable.

B said...

Awwww, the older one looks juuuust like you! It must be amazing to see a younger walking talking mirror of yourself. Truly a miracle.

And wow! That fam went ALLLL out. I actually love to see things like that. Sounds cliche and corny but examples of that are truly the spirit of Christmas.

Okay and yesss....you're right. Parrot is more on the Blue side where Shimmermoss is green. I'm glad to see that you can use it. It looks verrrry nice. Tell me how did you get that Ochre whatever on to work? It's not stickin' to me very well.

Vanessa said...

You look gorgeous as always Lynne! I am glad you had a wonderful Christmas! The kiddies are adorable! I want a kid now! hahaha

Unknown said...

Your little ones are so cute!!!!

Okay back to studying your FOTDs (I'm hoping to learn how to be a makeup diva by osmosis) LOL!

MakeupByRenRen said...

Hey hon! Good looks run in the fam I see...lil cutie patooties :) I can tell you're a busy lady! Those trees are so cool, that's a new one for me. I love parrot on your skin...I was looking at shimmermoss and parrot yesterday and did notice that they were very similar too, ha ha. can't wait to see more from yah :)

nilla cookie said...

Wow, 5 out of 7 shadows is quite a feat! And it looks great too :)

We also went to a nearby neighborhood where all the houses were decorated for Christmas. The most notable was a tree that was in someone's living room that was made from all teddy bears.

I dunno about the rest of you but a tree of bears is really scary - like a scene out of a Chucky movie or something.

The beer can idea is great and I bet the Boyfriend and his friends will want to make one as soon as I show them this pictures! ha!

Hope y'all have a wonderful New Year! :)

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

-Chris: Thanks babe. The beer bottle trees are definitely one of a kind.

-Shawnta: I couldn't believe it was 5 either until I did the inventory after the look, hah.

-Divine: It's funny you say that because everyone tells me that my oldest looks like me, hah.

I know that if you went to see that neighborhood, you'd really enjoy it. They do it every year and are recognized throughout the island for it.

And for Ochre, I just pack on the color. Get it really good on the brush and just lay it on there.

-Nessa: You and Jon will have amazingly gorgeous children with both your DNAs to work with! Oohh, I can't wait to see :)

-MaCherieCoco: Hey girl. You are too funny! If you ever crack that gig on osmosis, let me know. There's a few things I'd like to learn through that same method, lol!!

-Ren: Thanks sweetie. You know it's never a dull moment in this house for sure.

In the pan, they look almost identical. But swatched, you can note the subtle difference between the two. I'm still glad I got it :)

Nilla: Hey girl. Teddy bears, huh? That is kinda, er, interesting. Well, on a better note, at least it's not clowns, right? LOL.

And I bet BF and friends would have such a blast bottle collecting. I'd tell Hubbo that's fine, but just know that your friends better be taking care of your then, lol.

And you have yourself a wonderful New Year as well. New Year is crazy here on the island: fireworks are legal :)

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Your kids are so cute! Are they mixed?

Those christmas trees look so good! nothing like here!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Elizabeth: Hi! Thanks for stopping by mine.

My kids are Filipino, Chinese, and Hispanic. Mostly Filipino though :)

Hope to see you around again!

Distinque said...

Your kids are too cute! Happy Holidays! Dude my Mac counter ran out of Parrot. I already have it but I need one for backup:) Love the FOTD. I can't wait for my makeover too. Share the pics okay!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

-Distinque: I miss you my dear, where have you been? Anyhow, Happy Holidays to you too :) Hope you had a wonderful island holiday there on your side. Makeover for you too, huh? Yay!! I will definitely post pictures.

psychoexgirlfriend said...

Hey there, first time visiting your page and it's great! Your little boy is so cute and I love your EOTD. Very soft and makes blue very wearable! :D

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Psychoexgirlfriend: Hey girl! Thanks for taking a look and for the lovely compliment :)

Happy New Year to you and hope to see you around again!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hey yums! Thank you very much. babyYum is quite the little charmer himself :)

Post a Comment