MAC At-A-Glance

[November] 11/26 - Monogram - MAC's annual couture collection, 11/30 - Perfect Style
[December] 12/26 - Dame Edna, Chill

December 18, 2007

EOTN: Somewhere Over the Rainbow

One of my good friends back home was telling me how she liked the C-Shock FOTD done by Verdge. C-Shock is one of those collections that I wish was part of my collection. And the only way to get my paws on that now would be through a swap (but since I have nothing to "swap" that doesn't work too well for me), eBay, or a dupe set. My gal Vanessa found a really good dupe of C-Shock. And speak of the devil, as I just went to her site to link her, she just posted pictures of the shadows she bought of C-Shock, lol! I remember going into MAC during that promotion but I was so new to MAC that my friends Intimidation and Hesitation told me not to get it. Looking back, I should have listened to my friend Gut instead.

This is nowhere near the vibrancy of the C-Shock colors nor C-Shock looking, but I guess just thinking of how the collection was comprised of different bright colors inspired me to grab a color from each color of the rainbow (except orange) and just play. And I thought I'd try out my NYX Glitter Pallet. I'm not really impressed with it. A MAC Glitterliner would work waaay better. The pallet is not creamy whatsoever and in the pallet, the glitter looks like its laying on top of a sheet of glue.

Anyhow, I just put this on quickly so please try to look beyond the sloppy application. I was in a hurry to take a shower before it got any later, hah.

Aloha,
Mrs. Lynne

(all MAC unless stated otherwise)

EYES

UDPP
Delft Paint Pot (lid - 242)
Steamy e/s (lid - 239)
Chrome Yellow e/s (inner V - 219)
Blue Jewel e/s (inner crease - 217)
Deep Truth e/s (outer V, crease - 217)
Vibrant Grape e/s (crease - 222)
Red of Mi'Lady MES (lower lashline - 219)
Blacktrack f/l (upper/lower lashline - 208)

NYX Cream Glitter over Blacktrack (upper lashline - 266)
L'Oreal Double Extend Base & Voluminous Mascara

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Share and Enjoy your MakeupFix!

15 makeovers:

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

i actually like how this came out love. am i weird for that? LOL. cause it sounds like you didn't like it. well, i like it. lol. :] i think it came out very pretty.

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Chris: You're a sweetheart and you're not weird for that at all. You know how you have those attempts that in the end you're just like, "eh, it's alright"... that's kinda how I feel, lol. Thank you for the lovely comment though. I'm probably just being hard on myself.

MakeupByRenRen said...

man i missed out the c-shock collection too! so sad so sad...i really like this on you, what is that green color...i need it now!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Ren: If there is one collection I wish would get repromoted, it would be a toss up between C-Shock and Flashtronic. It makes me sad too :(

The green that I'm using is Steamy. It is one of my faaavorite in green/blue shadows.

Unknown said...

I think you did an awesome job! You've got talent so you can pull any look off :D

Anonymous said...

hey lynne!

This came out great, i like it. but you are right about the liner, i think the look would be good without the glitter. great job with the yellow, I can never get it right.
miss you and thanks for trying this!

B said...

I think it came it verrrry nice. I got heavy into MAC right before C-Shock so I'm got most of the colors. Know what though? I never use them. They are fun and pretty but not exactly usable all the time. So don't feel like you're missing out on too much. Especially since you have fab dupes! Your skills are just amazing, love.

yummy411 said...

great look! thanks for sharing... verge has skillz right? you do too!

nilla cookie said...

I LOVE the glitter over the eyeliner. It's a nice subtle touch that gives your look that extra touch of sass. Beautiful! :)

Hijabi Apprentice said...

Newbie make up question: what is UDPP?

Thanks in advance. Actually your blog has inspired me to start a beauty blog :).

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Cindy: Thank you, sweetheart, for the wonderful comment. You're always so kind :)

Chi: Thanks girl, you bet!! I actually don't mind the glitter but I just wish it was in a liquid formula instead of the cream which I got because it wasn't evenly distributed and the ease of use wasn't that good. I was getting a little impatient to waste anymore time on it, lol.

As far as those tricky matte shadows go, a base of the same color family really enhances the vibrancy of the color. It is for this reason that I still hang on to my Metal-X creams. When I don't have the same color base, like in this look, I just pack pack pack away, hah. Plus a very dense brush really helps.

KreativeMix: Thank you very much :)

Divine: You are too sweet to me girl, hah. You know, I probably wouldn't use the colors that much either because they're a fairly bright bunch, but I'm weird enough that I want it just to have it,... just in case, lol.

Yummy411: Hi!! Glad to see you again. Her video was great! I really like watching people put on their faces and concocting such a masterpiece right before my very eyes.

Nilla: I really like the glitter too. I just wish I had one of the new Glitterliners. The cream glitter didn't work to well for me.

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

HijabiApprentice: UDPP stands for Urban Decay Primer Potion. If you have oily lids and/or eyeshadow creasing is your worst enemy, this is the stuff for you. It is THE best for that.

And I'm so glad this little obsession of mine has inspired you. Mine was inspired by viewing other beauty blogs also, hah. Please let me know when you're up and running, I'd love to stop by :)

Hijabi Apprentice said...

Ahh thank you! I have so much trouble keeping the shadow on this will help :). Sephora here I come.

I will definitely let you know about my new blog :).

ha

Post a Comment