MAC At-A-Glance

[November] 11/26 - Monogram - MAC's annual couture collection, 11/30 - Perfect Style
[December] 12/26 - Dame Edna, Chill

December 16, 2007

FOTD: NYX Haul in Action

So yesterday I bought a new NYX Trio and Golden Orange single eyeshadow. I immediately gravitated towards a purple trio, but then a FOTD done by a gal on Specktra popped into my mind. All I remembered was she had an orange and green combo. I thought to myself, "well, I don't have an orange eyeshadow... and if I did, then I could have used it in my Snowkei inspired EOTN instead of the yellow. I should get one!" As you can read, I created a tangent on my own thought yet still was able to justify the need to make a cosmetics purchase. And what do you know? There just happened to be an orange and green trio! Thank you my cosmetics angel for loving me :))))) You can't really make out the green because of my skin tone, but trust me, it's there.

Anyhow, after checking out the orange included, I came to the conclusion that it was a more subtle shade than what I was looking for, which is why I bought the single eyeshadow.

Btw, how's the holiday shopping coming along for you folks? Can I just let you folks know how much I hate wrapping presents that don't fit into any regular boxes and that are shaped all weird! It makes the perfectionist very bitter.

Ok, blah, blah, blah... here are the results :)

Aloha,
Mrs. Lynne

(all MAC unless stated otherwise)

FACE
Studio Fix Concealer NW35 (194SE)
Studio Touch-Up Stick NW30 (224 w/FIX+)
Studio Fix Fluid NC42 (194SE, 182 w/FIX+)
Mineralize Skinfinish/Natural in Medium Dark (182)
Plum Foolery Blush (129)

BROWS

STILA Brow Set (266 w/FIX+)

EYES

UDPP
Pure Ore Metal-X c/e/s (lid - finger)
NYX Golden Orange Single e/s (middle lid - 239)
NYX Olive Grove Trio Color #1 (inner lid - 239, middle
lower lashline - 208 w/FIX+)
NYX Olive Grove Trio Color #2 (inner crease - 239, inner lower lashline - 208 w/FIX+)
NYX Olive Grove Trio Color #3 (outer lid/crease - 239)
Club e/s (outer V/crease - 219, outer
lower lashline - 208 w/FIX+)
Carbon e/s (outer V - 219)

Shroom e/s (highlight - 217)
Blacktrack f/l (upper lashline - 208)
Graphblack Technakohl (waterline)
L'Oreal Double Extend Base & Voluminous

LIPS
Maybelline Superstay Gloss in Sugared Raisin


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's the look under natural light.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Share and Enjoy your MakeupFix!

9 makeovers:

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

i lurveee earth tones and it goes so well with your complexion. very VERY pretty. :D keep em' comin. ;)

Unknown said...

i love NYX eyeshadows. they're really good eyeshadows at almost dirt cheap prices. and btw i love the look and the hair!

i've been a daily reader, but i haven't really left you any comments. so here you go!

i see you're from hawaii, but which island. my bf is from hawaii too.

B said...

Alooooooha! Beautiful Mrs. I don't know why I can't find NYX anywhere and I'm in the great city of Los Angeles. Yikes. I don't have an orange eye shadow yet, but that's definitely next on my list.

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Anne: Hi! Nice to meet you :) I really like NYX also. They are budget friendly with intense pigmentation. That kind of makeup is definitely on my A-list.

I'm actually from the bay area of California but have been living here on the island of O'ahu for over two years. I love it here! Was your bf born and raised here?

Divine: Try checking out Longs. I think they had it at Longs when I used to live in CA. I know the Longs here sells it. And sometimes it goes on sale for 25% off! With it already being affordable, going on sale is even better! If not, you should check out their website.

MakeupByRenRen said...

i wish we had nyx over here in atlanta...but at least i have cherry culture!

i think this eyeshadow combo really complements your skin tone, i think you've found your natural yet glamorous look

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Ren: Thank you love :) NYX is one of those brands that I always check to see if stores sell. Always on the lookout. Try checking out the Longs in your area.

Vanessa said...

OMG I love the goldish eyes and burgundy lips on you! You are so beautiful!!!!!!!

Post a Comment