MAC At-A-Glance

[November] 11/26 - Monogram - MAC's annual couture collection, 11/30 - Perfect Style
[December] 12/26 - Dame Edna, Chill

September 18, 2008

Site News: Just an update...

Hey y'all!

So, let's talk about the blog and the lack thereof lately. I was doing good when I first started work because I had NOTHING to do and had some pictures to do some blogging with. Using my work time effectively - bad, I know. Whoa... who put Meebo there?!? Hah. I've been aiming to edit my pictures at night after the tykes go to sleep so that I can just port them with me with I go to work, but that just hasn't been happening. Needless to say, when we say "night, night" around here, so do I, lol!

One thing I've been dedicating some time to lately has been Baby Tyke's 1st Birthday! Yah folks! He'll be one next month (*tear*) and I'm trying to plan his party. Thank goodness I have help now that I'm back in CA because this is just beyond me to try and collaborate everything without going nuts.

Another thing that's been happening is I've paired up with a dear friend of mine whom I've known since middle school and we're taking our love for makeup and beauty to a professional level. We've each been available for events and such but are now at the point where we know that this is something we each want to do professionally. We've got a few events in the works for next year and I'm just excited to really have fun with something I enjoy doing. YAY!

Ok.. so back to the blog. My pictures are piling up in my camera because I haven't made the time to transfer them to my laptop. *Laptop Update* It's fixed (aside from the occassional loose adapter that like to suck my battery dry in the matter of 485.3409583 nanoseconds). But aside that slight glitch, it is slower than a hungover turtle even after being reformatted! Let's just say that when I load photoshop or download my photos, I have to walk away and do something so I'm not left going delirious as I watch each part of the screen "unroll" into place. Imagine my pain in formatting my photos ON PHOTOSHOP... ugh. Frustrating? Aw, hell yah! New laptop in the near future? Magic 8-Ball says "ask later".

I'm asking Hubbo to get me a copy of photoshop so that I can do some blogging business at my work computer since it runs much faster than le turtle dell. Running into some problems there currently but I hope that I can get that situated this week. We'll see.

Hope your September is ending on a good note.

Aloha,
Mrs. Lynne

Share and Enjoy your MakeupFix!

3 makeovers:

mayaari said...

congrats on expanding your professional makeup career :) hope you can post some pics of your clients!

I've heard that Artweaver is a good duplicate of Photoshop (Windows only, but free!) but I'm rather partial to using Gimp in the rare event that I edit a photo at work. here's a link for more info on Artweaver: http://feeds.gawker.com/~r/lifehacker/full/~3/390670798/photoshop-alternative-artweaver-helps-edit-your-images

Dell's mini inspiron laptops and studio hybrid desktops are pretty affordable (I'm looking into them as potential replacements for my aging computers)

Vanessa said...

Hey sis! I am glad life is finally picking up for ya and we miss you, but it's nice to hear from you when we do and I am glad things are working our for you here!

yummy411 said...

you know we're here whenever you get things situated! good to hear from you though ;) take care mama lynne!

Post a Comment