MAC At-A-Glance

[November] 11/26 - Monogram - MAC's annual couture collection, 11/30 - Perfect Style
[December] 12/26 - Dame Edna, Chill

August 20, 2008

Bay Area Reorientation

Hey there fellow beauty junkies! My laptop is under repair and since Hubbo is very picky as to what gets installed in his laptop, my entries will need to be photo-less until my partner-in-crime-laptop gets back into working condition.

To start this entry off, I've officially been a re-oriented Bay Area Californian now for nearly two weeks! Whoa! But getting here was a whole other story... ready? I sold 90% of our bulky items through Craigslist, donated what wasn't coming, and packed the rest of our belongings into four really big boxes, six carry-ons, and one extra large suitcase in the course of four days. But let's not forget that we barely made our departing flight as it took forever to check in everything we were bringing AND we had arrived to the airport early! As soon as we finally checked in our boxes, we had to check our six carry-ons through security then RUN to the other end of the Earth (because that's where our terminal was!) with our carry-ons, a stroller, and two kids THEN had to pass through the aisles of the plane to reach our seats at the very tail-end of the plane. When we finally got situated and sat down, Hubbo and I looked at each other and said, "I can't believe we just pulled that all off". Then it was 5 lovely hours with the kiddos. (Note to self: I'M NOT DOING THIS AGAIN!! Lol.) As for now, we're staying with family in the meantime until we get our own place to shack it up, but Hubbo, the kids, and I have been adjusting slowly but surely. Yay us :D

What have we been occupying our days with? Actively job-hunting (anyone hiring?), picking up the necessities we didn't bring, getting the kids onto the California time zone, catching up with family and friends, scheduling playdates, grocery shopping, doing some damage at Target, errands, errands, and more errands... did I mention actively job-hunting?? Lol. But with our days always being so packed in, I'm actually surpised that it's already been two weeks.

Do I miss Hawai'i? I miss Hawai'i tremendously. The moist air (translate = no allergies!), the local food, the aloha spirit, cars that don't honk and actually gesture thank you to other curteous drivers, people who are actually pleasant on the phone, lol. But I am enjoying being around great company and familiar surroundings. And boy am I loving Target again and all those Sonia Kashuk brushes!! Haven't bought any yet, but I foresee a few entering the picture in the very near future.

What looks have I been sporting since the arrival? Due to the spontaneity of how our days function, I haven't really found effort to put on any makeup. It's been all natural days for a while now and not even the "faked" natural look! Not to mention, my skin has also been rather upset with me since I've been quite inconsistent on my skin regimen, so I'm sure I've been scaring everything I've encountered, lol.

Well, just thought I'd drop in and let you all know how things have been going so far and that I've been thinking about ya' and I hope that your week has been going great. I appreciate each and every one of you that have kept the good vibes going on during our move as well as the wonderful wishings for this new chapter in our lives.

Keep that makeup looking fab!

Aloha,
Mrs. Lynne

Share and Enjoy your MakeupFix!

16 makeovers:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the mainland, Lynne! It looks like you're getting adjusted. Now all you need is the job - I'm keeping good thoughts for you!! :)

Hopefully we'll all get to catch up soon!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you have arrived safely and are getting settled. I hope you and hubbo find a job soon. All the best for your new life!

Unknown said...

welcome back! yay! you're so much closer to us now :)

Hope everything gets settled real soon with you guys.

yummy411 said...

YAY CONGRATS! you guys are real troopers! this is one for the books! welcome back state side...good luck with everything. take your time girly. even when the laptop returns, i know it's nothing like getting into your own place, jobs etc.!!! (((HUGS))) the blogosphere missed you (me!) LOL!

MakeupByRenRen said...

wow i was just wondering how you were doing! i'm so glad you made it...man that was intense! keep us posted!

Tracy Roa said...

Welcome back! It was really nice hearing from you. Glad to know the move was a success. I hope everything gets settled soon. Good luck with the job hunt!

Anonymous said...

yay for the bay! which part? near SF? east bay, south bay?

Anonymous said...

OMG, I didn't know you went through all that at the airport! What a story! I am happy that you are here and have high hopes for you and your fam.

Krystle said...

Welcome back to the bay! I am glad you had a safe flight. Did you take Hawaiian Airlines back here because I know it's the one terminal that is 3 million miles away from check-in. Good Luck job hunting!

get a humidifer stat! I bought one up here and my nose (and skin) loved me for it!

Rae // theNotice said...

Glad the move went (relatively) well! And good luck with the job hunting :)

na said...

Welcome back! Things sound a bit hectic, but at least you are settling in. Whereabout in the Bay Area are you exactly, Lynne?

Good luck with the job hunting!

Vanessa said...

I am glad everything worked out for the best Sis, now that we are in the same state, hopefully we can meet up and hang out when everything is settled of course! I was just in SF not too long ago and it's only a 5 and a half to 6 hour drive!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Thank you for the warming welcomes everyone! I appreciate it.

And for those of you that asked, I'm near the San Jose area :)

Anonymous said...

Always good to hear of another beauty-junkie rejoining the masses in the Bay Area (I'm in the East Bay portion of the BA). Glad to have you local. Keep up the good work, and good luck with the new life! ^_^

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Thanks for such heartwarming comment Charlotte! I really appreciate it :)

If you're ever near my neck of the woods, be sure to say hi!

Post a Comment