MAC At-A-Glance

[November] 11/26 - Monogram - MAC's annual couture collection, 11/30 - Perfect Style
[December] 12/26 - Dame Edna, Chill

July 28, 2008

My Work: Amie Dazzles In Earthtones!

I just want to express my appreciation for everyone's comments and emails in response to my moving post. Your caring hearts are really helping me through this and I love all the support you guys continue to give. I wish we weren't spread out all over the world because you are all a collaborative bunch and I know we'd have so much fun in the real. So rather than getting my things together for the move (um... I'm taking a break, hah), I've wisely chosen to post instead!

In this post, I will be sharing with you another round of my work in action. We all know that putting makeup on those that are similar in skin tone to us is like a general level of comfort, so I decided to venture outside the box to my fair-skinned lovelies.

Allow me to introduce to you my makeup victim for this assignment, Amie! I've known Amie going on nearly half a year now, and she has always been a pleasure to work with. So when it came time to playing with makeup, I knew we'd have just as fun!

I chose to do Earthtones on Amie to not only compliment the summery white, orange, and brown dress she was wearing but to address her gorgeously aqua-blue eyes.

Here is what was used to achieve Amie's look:

(all MAC unless otherwise stated)

FACE

Camellia Rose Skin Smoothing Primer (187SE)
L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Concealer in Light/Medium (194SE)
CoverGirl Clean Pressed Powder (182)
Serenely Beauty Powder Blush (apples - 128)

Eversun Beauty Powder Blush (169)
FIX+ (to set)

EYES

UDPP
Indianwood p/p (lid - 242)
Goldmine e/s (lid, inner lower lashline - 239, 219)
NYX Golden Orange e/s (outer lid - 239)
Ochre Style e/s (crease - 222)
A Little Folie e/s (outer V, outer lower lashline - 222, 219)

LIPS
NYX B52
J. Lynne FX Gloss in Hilary






Isn't she gorgeous and aren't her eyes just absolutely stunning? I'm so jealous. The closest I'll ever get to aqua-blue eyes is through Freshlook contacts, hah! And even at that, they still won't look as great as Amie's.

Do you have blue eyes or have you done makeup on someone who has blue eyes? What color combination did you come up with?

Aloha,
Mrs. Lynne

Be sure to stay tuned as I continue to work on my makeup portfolio by subscribing to our feed or by having email updates sent directly to you!

Share and Enjoy your MakeupFix!

16 makeovers:

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

this is gorgeous. she came out really good. i def think you picked great colors to compliment her eye color. :D i am also jealous of her eyes. LOL. ;P

Tracy Roa said...

great job, lynne! i think this is a great look for amie. i used to rock the blue contacts in jr. high. haha.

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Thanks Sis Chris. I know you have a love for Earthtones and I definitely thought of you when I did this.

Her eyes are so pretty, huh? *dreamy sigh*

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hey Tracy,

Thanks hun!

Believe it or not, but my mom still rocks the blue eyes! She's the ultimate colored contacts queen. I don't even think she knows what her true eye color is, lol!

How is your week going so far?

Shen said...

this look is so chic. :) her blue eyes are def accentuated.. imma try this myself.. :) hihihi!

Anonymous said...

Ohh, this is great. I have blue eyes, light blonde hair and light skin (NC15). I just recently discovered that golden-coppery-bronzy colors suit me well. I´m so trying out that look! Thank you! You are a great artist, I`m sure you can build a career in this field.

BRosa said...

The eyeshadow is a beautiful soft contrast with her eyes! So pretty. Great job.

♔Jaimie said...

Great job on her makeup! I love it. I love her hair color and the way the shadow brings it out.

Anonymous said...

Hey mama!! Glad to see your back and soon to be in the Bay. My previous post didn't go through but I wanted to wish ya well and when you finally settle in over in CA maybe we can get our boys to meet for a play date while we play with makeup!!
Much love.

MakeupByRenRen said...

wow sis, she looks great! the colors really really suit her :) love her hair too :)

Anonymous said...

She looks gorgeous. This is a great look for her, the colors really suit her. You did a great job!

Post a Comment