MAC At-A-Glance

[November] 11/26 - Monogram - MAC's annual couture collection, 11/30 - Perfect Style
[December] 12/26 - Dame Edna, Chill

January 13, 2008

Skin Care: Oil Cleansing Method

I've always been fond of fascinated with makeup. Constantly doing research on different styles, application techniques, etc... But never did it occur to me to do research on how to take care of my particular skin type. The largest organ on my body and all I know is that I'm supposed to wash it to keep it clean and to moisturize it to steer clear of dryness.

I have oily skin which means to look for things in the skin care aisle that say 'oil-free' and 'oily skin type' on the bottle. If it has the word 'hypoallergenic' 'non-comogenic' 'moisturizing'
'Vitamin A, E, etc..." that means I have more solutions to my problems in one formula. Call me naive, but I didn't indulge into my ignorance until recently.

I look at my boys everyday and am always in awe at how flawless, smooth, and virgin their skin is. Considering that I've been using different products over my lifetime meant to maintain and aid my oily skin, my skin still always seems unbalanced and looks nowhere near as good as my boys'. Granted their skin doesn't have much history as my maturer skin does, but I just could not accept the fact that I was doing all that I could and that there was no other way to step up my skin to looking and feeling better. And like most people, I longed to have that "soft as a baby's bottom" skin.

Thanks to my naturalist, Christiana, she rekindled my hope to
have better skin as well as the insight that it starts with me taking care of it to begin with. Seeing her skincare regimen definitely showed me a thing or two about areas that I can take better care of. And thanks to Shawnta and one of her more recent posts on her experience using the Oil Cleansing Method, I was even more compelled to take action.

Having an already oily face, putting MORE oil on my face didn't have me running to my cabinets to grab a bottle. In fact, wiping my face with a strong astringent seemed more comforting. But little did I know that this action of comfort was doing more harm to my skin than good. After reading Stephanie's in-depth article about the Oil Cleansing Method and retouching points that Christiana mentions in her blog using oils particularly on oily skin, it all made even more sense that this could possibly solve the oily action going down on my T-Zone as well as an overall improvement.

I'm on my second day of using it, and I am absolutely IN LOVE with the results. I can see a huge improvement on the shine control in my T-Zone. This alone makes me ECSTATIC!! On top of that, it has made an even better canvas for applying my mineral foundation.

Even if you have a skincare regimen that works, it doesn't hurt to check out Stephanie's article. It works for many women, but again it boils down to personal preference and comfort. As always, it's not for everyone. But worth a read in my opinion. You have nothing to lose and only knowledge to gain.

All I can say though is move over Oil of Olay Skin Cleanser and make room for your new roommates: EVOO and Castor Oil!!

So here's how it works...

The hustlers: Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) and his partner in crime, Castor Oil (CO). CO is what will cleanse and purge the oils from the pores. EVOO will dilute the consistency of the CO while providing other benefits such as helping the skin to retain moisture, infusing nutrients, etc. You can find CO in the laxative section of your local drugstore.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pour about a quarter-size puddle of EVOO into the palm of you hand. It's okay to use a little more if you want.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Because I have oily skin, about 30% of the mixture will be CO. If you have drier skin, you'll want to use less CO. I pore the CO second because it is easier for me to control the amount coming out of the bottle as CO is thicker in consistency. The CO is only in the crack of my palm where the pink is noted.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mix the two together.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Massage the mixed oils gently into the face. There is no need to remove your makeup. The oils do it for you! That's Hubbo in the background thinking, "she's at it AGAIN!" LOL.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Be sure to concentrate on your problem spots. For me this is my forehead, temples, nose, and chin. Take your time with this step because working the oil into your skin is what will give you great results.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Get a terry washcloth and run it under hot water. This will create a similar effect to a steam machine that Estheticians use during facials. You don't want to scald your face, but do make the water is hot enough for you to tolerate. Since the towel cools in a couple of minutes, I just turn the 'HOT' knob up full blast.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wring out the water.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Place it over your face and allow for it to open up the pores. This feels SOOO GOOD!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When the towel cools down (only a few minutes), gently wipe away the grime and gunk off your face.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Continue to wipe until all the oil has been removed.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

You can see the disgusting stuff you're getting off your skin! GROSS!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Run the towel under hot water again, cleaning any gunk that has accumulated on the towel. Then replace the towel over your face. Repeat this step a couple more times. I did it two more times after this.

After your final wiping, your face should be left clean, smooth, soft, and glowy! I noticed that after I did this that the pores on the tip of my nose looked much smaller AND SMOOTHER than they were before. Even facial scrubs I've used to exfoliate with never left my skin feeling the way the Oil Cleansing Method just did let alone do that good a job on cleaning out my disgusting nose pores. I'm sold!

As a side note to smoothing the pores at the tip of your nose, don't be alarmed if after doing the Oil Cleansing Method that the pores on your nose are not as smooth as you had hoped for. It's a work in progress and if the buds on your nose are pretty clogged, it's going to take some time and love to get those puppies unclogged. I used a face scrub concentrating on the tip of my nose a couple days prior to the Oil Cleansing Method, so I believe the smoothness was even more so because the gunk in my pores was somewhat minimal to begin with.

The picture hardly does justice for how good the Oil Cleansing Method makes my skin feel, but I LOVE it and it sure does make me happy!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

If anyone decides to take a stab at this, I'm curious to hear your take on the results. Hope it works, and happy cleansing!

Aloha,
Mrs. Lynne

Share and Enjoy your MakeupFix!

58 makeovers:

Shawnta said...

Girl the picture with the washcloth on your face is priceless. :D
I have been googling this method up and down to make sure I have all the bases covered. But I am loving it so far.

yummy411 said...

thanks for posting the picture tut. that was great. i have to check out those resources. i saw shawnta's post and it made me want to try it. thanks for sharing your experience!

na said...

Thanks for the demonstration! I've heard about cleansing oils before, but have been wary as I have oily skin as well. I'll have to try it someday. :)

mayaari said...

now that several people have mentioned this method, I may just have to give it a try and pick up some castor oil! thanks for posting a picture tutorial - it helps to really see what the process is like :) oily skin may be a curse now, but it'll be a blessing when we get older, haha - my mom has had oily skin her whole life and she looks pretty young for her age!

Vanessa said...

Girrrrl! You don't even need to do anything your skin is flawless as it is! Thanks for the demo! I agree with Shawnta, haha the pic of you with the washcloth on your face is adorable! And im laughing at your hubbo in the background because my bf thinks im weird for doing things like that! LOL.

nilla cookie said...

Love the photo tutorial on this, Mrs. Lynne! It definitely seems like an interesting method; I just hope that I'll find the time to actually try it out!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing this...although your skin looks great to me =) I definitely want to give this method a try. I have combination skin and my t-zone is so oily. I get breakouts in those areas...is this method ok to use when there are breakouts? Also MAC has an oil cleanser...is that the same concept? Thanks!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Ren You are going to love this girl!! Shoot me and email after you've tried it. I want to hear how it works for you :)

Shawnta I'm glad you're having a great experience with it!! I can't thank you enough.

You should have been there when I was trying to take the pictures. I have so many shots that I deleted because it was always getting cut off. And all I could think was, "I probably look like an idiot!" lol. Mind you, I was sitting on the toilet with a towel on my face and taking pictures, lol! But that's like the best part of the whole routine though, it's soooo relaxing.

yummy411 You're welcome my love. I do hope you're able to try it out.

Girl Meets Makeup Isn't the thought of putting MORE oil on your face just downright crazy? Trust me. I had to get over that hurdle too. But I've read that the reason we're oily is because (believe it or not) we're lacking oil so our body produces more to compensate for the loss. Give the articles a read when you have some time. They're great even if you don't plan on moving forward with the routine :)

mayaari No problem girl :) I definitely think the oil on our faces are very important. Especially because as we get older, we tend to dry out faster. So I can only imagine the lovely skin your mom has now! Sadly my oil production is in overdrive but this is great in helping me get it to at least stabilize. God knows I've been drying my skin out FOR YEARS, haha!

Nessa Thanks for the lovely compliment sis! Could be the flash and yellow light making my skin seem that way, but I am glad it is better than what it was for the longest time.

I was actually laughing while I was taking the towel pictures because I could not see a damn thing and I was always cutting myself off.

Hubbo is very supportive but I know he shakes his head and thinks to himself, "what the hell did I get myself into?!"

Nilla Hey girl! If you try this, you might not stop, hah. I'm nearly addicted to my skin feeling so soft and well (not overly) moisturized. I hope you obtain great results also when you do though :)

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

Aww... thanks for the shameless plug! I see you took the Do-It-Yourself route for the natural skin care! I'm happy for you, and I'm happy that you love it so much! Like with everyone else, your skin looks great BUT the fact that you're STILL taking care of your skin is GREAT. I actually have GoW's Castille/Castor Cleanser and it does have the Castor Oil in it. Works wonders at unclogging pores! :] I've read so many stories of successful trials of using the OCM (oil cleansing method) but for some reason never tried it myself? i think i was too caught up in buying products directly from the manufactures... laziness perhaps? LOL! So... I may try this... when my castille/castor cleanser runs out! That'll be a great time to experiment with it. :D Hehe. WONDERFUL step by step love. ;) I think my boyfriend possesses a little girl in him... cause he's always so interested in my makeup/skin care stuff... he's even tried some of stuff i use. like moisturizing with water and emu oil. HAHA!!!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Cindy Hey girl :) Thank you for the compliment.

I am not an expert in the Oil Cleansing Method, but from my interpretation from the reading, it should help with your breakouts as you are ridding the dirt within your pores. I am definitely prone in those same areas as well, but with proper AND CONSISTENT care, breakouts that occur should be minimal. Just like you continue to clean your face now when you breakout, the same respect should be given to this form of cleansing, in my opinion.

Please take a look at Stephanie's article as it is very well said in there. Also read the thread at: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=5612.

MAC does have something similar known as the Cleanse Off Oil. I believe it is the same concept (although I have not tried it) just with a high-end price tag and a lot more unnatural ingredients. It really is your preference as to which you feel more comfortable using and/or whether you want to go more natural or not.

Hope that helps :)

Chris Now I know what that cleanser is that you bought. I was surfing GoW and reading your post but before I saturated my knowledge, I had no idea what on earth it was. I feel so 'in' now, lol.

Girl, Hubbo is part girl too! He loves going to get massages, facials,.. the WORKS! And ends up using whatever I have. The only thing we don't share is deodorant, lol.

Unknown said...

I will have to try this method. I have used EVOO and CO separately to take off makeup but never really to clean using the towel steam thingie.

I do however use the oil cleanse for my body st least a couple times a week.

First, I start with a dry body brush and brush my body skin from neck to feet.

Next, I massage thoroughly eith Co, EVOO or After bath (which I buy from Oyin Handmade) all over and take as hot a shower as I can stand to get the oil off. I will follow up with a very mild body wash (usually L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil) and blot dry. My sahara dry body skin loves me for this one.

psychoexgirlfriend said...

Mrs Lynne: You are brave! I too have oily skin and I balked at the thought of putting s'more oil on my face. However, I've been hearing this method more and more lately, so I'm tempted to give it a try. Especially since I'll bet it's cheaper than other cleansers out there!

Unknown said...

Thank you for getting back to me and yes that article was very informative. I'm definitely going to give it a try once I can get my hands on some castor oil. Please keep us updated on how it's working for you!

Melissa @ No. 2 Pencil said...

Wowzer! You look amazing. So glowy, I absolutely love it. Thanks for the info! I wonder what the rite aid people think when hot (non pregnant) chicks are buying the castor oil!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

MaCherieCoco Oooh, sounds sooo nourishing!! I've just started reading about body cleansing with oil. I'd like to try it and maybe will try to do a once a week thing once I get some of this new stuff down.

So question. With the dry body brush, is your skin also dry when you do this? Sorry if that sounds silly, lol.

psychoex Girl, I was soooo skeptical but the concept behind oil production makes sense. And it is MUCH cheaper. All you need really is Olive Oil and Castor Oil. Olive Oil I know is pricier than other oils but Castor Oil is only like a couple bucks. If you try it, hollar at me and let me know how it works for you.

Cindy Your welcome :) I know that article really filled in the gap of ignorance I had on the whole subject. I'm glad you found it informative. And lucky that castor oil is sold at the drugstores! It's only a couple bucks AND CONVENIENT, haha.

Melissa LOLOL!! You are too funny. It didn't even phase me when I bought it. I was just too excited to try it. But I guess you can always do self-checkout when you buy it ;) Hahh.

sassychix said...

Whoa.. VERY impressive blog n i loved this entry abt the oil cleansing.
And keep them tutorials coming! Awesome stuff!! ;)

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

sassychix Hey there! Thank you for the wonderful compliment :)

I had a really great experience with the OCM. I hope that if you do try it, that you'll enjoy it as well!

Anonymous said...

Wow just found ur site and love it. NOt in a million years would I have thought that oil on an oily persons face would clean and feel as good as your describing it thanks I am going to the pharmacy today and will be pickig up castor oil I already have olive oil. Thanks again. BTW forgot to ask after all this is done do you wash your face or just go on to the moisterizer or toner? Thanks

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Alma Hey there Alma! If you're like me, the thought of MORE oil on an already oily face was just beauty suicide. But after doing it (getting over the oil fear of course!) and being consistent, I LOVE IT and my skin has never felt better.

To answer your question. Once you have cleansed your face with the oil, you'll be wiping the oil off with a steamy face towel. Repeat this step as many times as you feel comfortable. Gently wipe your face clean and there is no need to do any further washing. After I wipe my face, then I proceed to put on my moisturizer. In your case, after the wiping your face, tone, then moisturize.

Hope that helps and I do hope it works out for you :) Please let me know how your experience goes and if you have any other questions.

And thank you for taking the time to stop by. I hope to see you around more often :) Have a great Thursday Alma!

Anonymous said...

Thanks just read your comment, youre so quick wonderful!!! I didnt get to go buy the castor oil, but will definately go tommorow and I will let you know how the first try goes. Thanks again!!!

djh/texas said...

i love this method. i do it with virgin coconut oil and it works great!!! sometimes i rub the oil on my face and then steam it with a facial sauna and most of the time just use a hot washcloth. and yes, you do not have to exfoliate as much if you use this method!!! in the past i have also had good luck with rubbing the oil over all my body and then getting into a hot tub for a few minutes and then standing up and scraping the oil off. this really, really exfoliates and cleans and you skin is incredibly smooth afterwards!!!
djh

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

This is a wonderful cleansing method djh/texas. I'm glad that you are a proud user of oils. I haven't turned back since :)

Shizznizzle said...

Sis, I know this is an old post but I sampled the Pure Luxe Cleansing Oil and haven't tried it yet :( Do you apply the oil when your face dry or you damp your face with water prior to the oil? I wanna try the EVOO/CO but i'm too lazy to mix everything ... thats y I got Pure Luxe ones ..

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hiya Sis Nanzy!

You apply the oil to your face when it is dry. In order for it to dissolve the contents on your skin it needs to have direct contact with the skin. Putting water on prior will only repel the oil.

Same goes for taking the oil off. Once you've massaged it into your skin (gently), it will not wash off like a regular cleanser unless you're washing your face with hotter water. But even then you'd need a bit of pressure to remove the oil thoroughly since the hotter water will need to break through the oil. This is why you'll need the steaming washcloth to remove any residue since water alone will still leave traces of the oil on your skin.

I haven't tried the Pure Luxe one but I'm assuming the same rules apply. The reason I say that is because I'm not sure if their product does have the ability to wash off with just water.

Let me know if you have any other questions on the OCM, ok Nanzy? And when you do try it, let me know how your experience is :)

Anonymous said...

I just came across your post by following a link from the Silk Naturals forum & I'm so glad I did! I did an oil cleanse earlier this evening, but with EVOO only since I didn't know about the castor oil yet--I'll be running to the drugstore tomorrow. :-)

I do have a question. Do you do this every night? If not, what do you use to take off makeup on the nights when you don't do the oil cleanse?

Thank you, Serena

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hi there Serena!

I'm glad that you did follow the link because I'm glad to have met another person interested in incorporating the OCM into their routine - congrats :)

I cleanse with the OCM every morning and night. Ever since I posted this tutorial, I have been going strong ever since. As of today, that's almost 3 months! I think I've only washed my face with a commercial cleanser a couple times since I've started but that was only because I needed to wash my face really fast and time did not permit.

I would suggest that if you are unable to do the OCM every night either because of time or for some reason your skin cannot handle daily cleansing with this, to invest in a natural bar soap for those in between days. That way at least you're still treating your skin naturally. I don't have a natural bar soap which is why I had to use the commercial cleanser on those rare occasions.

I hope that answers your questions Serena. If you have any more, please do not hesitate to ask them, ok? I hope you have great success and skin from this!! And please keep me in the loop as to how your experience goes. I'd love to hear it :))))

Btw, do you use the Silk Naturals foundation or any of their products?

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I have some natural soap that I use in the shower so I guess I could use one of those when I don't have time to do OCM--probably mornings!

I must say that I am shocked at how well my skin reacted to the OCM. The first night I did an olive oil/baking soda scrub & then followed with a honey mask; then last night I did the OCM. For months, I've had a spot on my cheek that looks like a pimple that just won't go away. Today it's nearly gone. Unbelievable.

I just ordered a sample of Silk Naturals earlier this week. I have large pores & my skin is sort of a strange tone so I'm hoping to be able to create a perfect match & hide the pores!

Thank you again for your help, Serena

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

That is GREAT news Serena! I'm so happy for you and your newfound skin. Doesn't it feel wonderful to see results like that?

The Olive Oil/Baking Soda Scrub and Honey Mask sounds amazing! Do you have at home recipes for those? I made a honey/sugar scrub before and that worked great. Do you use any face peels in your routine?

Shizznizzle said...

Just wanna update :D I tried my Pure Luxe cleansing oil tonight, sis .. so far so good, and you're right..the hot towels feels like heaven ^_^ hopefully my skin loves it like I do heheh thanx for your demo btw!

Anonymous said...

I just mixed some baking soda & EVOO in my hand to make a paste. I think it was a bit too harsh though so I'm going to try a sugar scrub either tonight or tomorrow.

For the honey mask, I spread honey all over my face & then left it there for about 30 min. I used a warm washcloth to gently wipe it off. My skin felt fabulous afterwards.

I don't use any face peels. I'm one of those people who does the least number of things I can get away with. :D

Serena

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hi Nanzy!

I'm so glad it's working well so far :) And we all deserve a great pamper treatment. Just don't forget to exfoliate within your routine as the OCM is a cleanser. You still need a good exfoliation going on. I didn't for a while because I didn't know. But with regular exfoliation, hello nice skin :)

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Thanks for the info Serena! I will definitely have to give that a go and see how it works.

I don't really think I need a face peel either, but I do like things that suck my pores clean, hah.

Are you all natural in your skin care routine and makeup?

Anonymous said...

I'm almost all natural, but I do use a moisturizer with a sunscreen since I'm pretty pale. I'm trying to be better about remembering to wear a hat if I'm going to be out in the sun for awhile though.

Serena

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hi Serena!

Sorry, I just realized that I didn't respond to your comment. The email must have slipped through the cracks :/

I try to remember to bring a hat with me also when I go to the beach. Something about wearing sunglasses and possible raccoon eyes without one just doesn't seem that attractive, lol!

Btw, are you still going strong with the OCM? Did you incorporate any other mixes into it?

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hiya nee is....

It's been working so great for me girl! I've been going strong with it since I posted this and my skin definitely has evened out more and overall just feels great.

Are you an all natural product gal or are slowly venturing into it all?

Anonymous said...

I've used just the EVOO and a little Co for over a week and have great results. I'm a male and have oily skin, and for years have tried to dry my skin. When I realized leaving it oily was actually better things changed for the better. So 2x a day with the above method has been the single best benefit. Ever. Period. I've stayed away from any branded cleansers as they seem to have additives. Not saying another person won't benefit from brand names, but i haven't. I was really surprised at how clean my face is throughout the day and after washing. Who would have known.All this being said my wife laughs at my regiment, but at 41yrs I'm pretty secure about it. Sometimes I have to laugh at the sound of it.

Anonymous said...

As a sidenote to the above post. I've used EVOO and pure cane sugar as an exfoliate and have had great results with that 2x for the last week. The other note is i zest a lemon and put that in both the EVOO and CO as well as the sugar mix. Smells great and is supposed to help. It sounds even stranger typing this, but I'm not the person who you would suspect using this technique. I've just had enough of poor skin and have tried ProActive, Carly's, and many over the years. It was all ok until I had to take fish oil for Cholesterol then my face went to he__ in a hurry. Just try this it won't make it any worse than chemicals and nobody is telling you for money or personal gain.

Anonymous said...

Last comment, promise. You can use just EVOO and get great results too. The EVOO/CO is more drying than just EVOO, but combined 1-5 is not bad. I have also resorted to a little EVOO as a lotion after and once it absorbs is less oily than water or oil based lotions. Not greasy feeling. That doesn't mean slightly oily though.

Anonymous said...

I did a modified version of the popular OCM using a mixture of different oils that you can easily find in the groceries. I combined 20% of grapeseed oil , 30% of extra virgin coconut oill , 40% of extra virgin olive oil and 10% of castor oil - 10%. You can experiment by altering the ratios to suit your desired consistency. Try to opt for the extra virgin version because "PURE" means it had undergone a lot of chemical processing. I also mixed in 4 capsules of 1000iu of Vitamin E so it has a longer shelf life.

I specifically like the anti bacterial properties of grapeseed oil and the tremendous moisturizing properties of the extra virgin olive oil and VCO combination. Warm a handful of the mixture on both palms and rub the concoction into your cheeks, nose, forehead, neck, and chin, allowing the oils to penetrate into the skin and pull out wastes, bacteria, dead cells and other dirt. You may wipe away the oil, along with any dirt, using a warm wet washcloth or rinse your face in warm water.

I normally rinse my face well afterwards with luke warm water because I have breakouts because I have a very oily T-zone area. Then I would re-apply my beautiful concoction on my damp face including my hair. I'm not afraid to use the oil mixture around the eye area because it does not sting my eyes anyway.

Do this at least 3 times a week before bedtime and awaken everytime to a renewed younger you. In my experience, I;d say it's much better than any of the expensive brands like Olay Regenerist and Ponds Age Miracle (I have tried both, but the effect is not as good as this one I'm sharing with you)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I used OCM for about 4 years. It's really great and works well! Unfortunately, you cannot read my blog where I write about my experience with different oils as it is in Russian :(

Anonymous said...

may i ask, how can i get the castor oil?it seems difficult for me to find it..i live in jb..if anyone can tell me where to find it, pls do so..tq

Big D. said...

Thank you so much for posting this! I have oily skin and I have been looking for natural methods to clean my skin. I will try this!

Anonymous said...

I am 51 years young and have been using the olive oil and castor oil for about a week and LOVE the results!!! For years I have been trying to use products that get rid of the oil and dry my skin out. Now, I have skin like a baby's bottom and no breakouts so far. I am passing this on to everyone I know, it is superior to any product I have ever tried!!!

Anonymous said...

Can we apply this method on the acne skin?tq..
Hanis

Anonymous said...

I am 28, South Asian woman, and decided to try this as well. My skin used to be all oily but the past 10 Canadian winters have taken its toll on my face and now my skin is oily in T-Zone and very dehydrated (not dry) everywhere else. After trying all good quality products I could think of from the big box Skin Care companies, (Artistry, Estee Lauder, Guinot, Algotherm), I finally gave this a shot a couple of days ago. Wow! What a HUGE, HUGE difference in just a few tries! I was not looking forward to putting oil on my already oily, acne-prone face (yes, even at 28!) :O( After first use, my skin was already feeling much more cleaner. After second use, I had this natural 'glow' and pores were depleting. After third use, skin is feeling hydrated and the glow is still there. I do have some marks left behind by zits bygone and hopefully they will diminish with time. (Will have to wait and see!) Only one issue, I had to run around to three pharmacies to get Castor Oil. And I was only able to get a 100 ML bottle. Does anyone know where I can get this in Toronto, Canada? I checked three different Shopper's Drug Marts. 1st did not carry it, 2nd ran out, 3rd was the lucky hit. I googled but did not find any useful info. Oh! And by the way, don't forget your neck, ladies!!! -- Nu

Unknown said...

How long have you been doing this method? I started back in March and my skin has been getting better since! However I just had an appointment with a dermatologist and finally got some on meds for the remaining "hormonal" acne that I have to deal with monthly. She gasped at my mention at OCM. She said I should never put Oil on my face. I've done a ton of research on non-comedogenic ingredients and I've known not to trust what the store brought brands advertise as "non pore clogging", since those ingredient typically end up on the pore clogging list themselves!

Anywho, I'm wondering if you still use this method..2 years later. My doctor told me to stop and start using the purpose cleanser bar. I'm hesistant because I feel like I've had such good progress w/ OCM.

Anonymous said...

I will surely give it a try. I just bought a big bottle of EVOO today...and I also found a concealer that I think will work on my blemishes.

Mj said...

AHHHH I stand by EVOO with my life! That stuff is seriously a miracle worker for everything from dry skin to oily t-zones literally EVERYTHING. I started using this just like you at night because I was so hesitant to put thick oil on my face but lo and behold after 3 days of nighttime moisturizing my face looked SO much better. The redness from pimples had gone down and pimple production looked like it had stopped completely! EVOO is my only skin care regimen


xox,

Mj
http://www.californiacastles.blogspot.com

melissa said...

Well, Mrs. Lynne I am late getting to this post but I am so glad to find it. Are you still using the olive oil? You look gorgeous and I know that your devotion to your skin care will pay off in years to come.

Do you live in Hawaii? I live on Wake Island. I, too, have been using olive oil and with great results.
Thanks for the great post. Aloha. Melissa

Anonymous said...

I hear this oil cleansing method works for people and mrs.Lynne will it work on medium size chin acne

Anonymous said...

do you know how to get smaller pores? i used this OCM for 6 months, yes! it cleans all the dirt off (white,some blackheads,all dead skin cells, acnes) but its the cause of my larger pores. i usually use ice cubes to minimize pores after OCM. but it doesnt help much. do you have any suggestion??? thanks

Satyavrat Singh said...

I have oily skin with pimples and was always scared of using oils on my skin. But after reading this i'll certainly try it once

Unknown said...

Hey Satyavrat I know it feels embarass if you have oily skin, i have a suggestion for you Apply pure honey on your face and neck for 15 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry with wash cloth.
To know more about skin cleansing method..

Post a Comment