MAC At-A-Glance

[November] 11/26 - Monogram - MAC's annual couture collection, 11/30 - Perfect Style
[December] 12/26 - Dame Edna, Chill

December 26, 2007

Brush Maintenance: Keep That $45 Kabuki Brush in Tact Yo!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

You are witnessing the most expensive MAC brush that I own, yet it is the softest mother-lovin' brush I use to pamper my face. At $45, it's a shame that this lovely god-sent doesn't cook me breakfast or call me 'hun'. But nonetheless, keeping this brush out of harms way is a priority since I'm nowhere near ready to fork over another $45 to replace it because I neglected to care for it.

I initially created a tutorial for this
but since EnKore has done a waaay better job at housing the kabuki better, I'm going to share his tutorial instead. After checking his out, mine would probably be considered ghetto.

Check out the ghetto for yourself...

Basically I used an exacto knife and cut a hole at the bottom so that I can push the kabuki out.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then used packaging tape to surround the heck out of the container so it doesn't crack as it's fairly thin.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Gheeetto! Now for a better and more decorative way to do this, please check out EnKore's method.


With Kabuki brushes being a hot item now, what are your secrets to housing your brush?

Aloha,
Mrs. Lynne

Share and Enjoy your MakeupFix!

4 makeovers:

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

Hey love! My motto is, "Hey man, whatever gets the job done!" Hehe. I think your way is just as good as Enkore's way, honestly! :] Your way probably saves more money too! Can't complain about that! ;)

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Chris Aww... thanks love. But EnKore has some seriously wonderful tutorials. He's very knowledgeable and I'm always learning a lot from him. After watching his video I thought, "now why didn't I think of that?" Using the tube from foil is a brilliant cylinder for the kabuki brush holder!

B said...

I love that man. Isn't he great? I love my 182. My most expensive MAC brush, as well. Well, other than the 187. I loooove my buki. It is sooo wonderful and as soon as I stop moving across the country, I'm going to make this. Love this idea!!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Divine He is!! EnKore is amazing.

Must show us the design you come up with for yours. I think I'll keep my ghetto until it collapses on me, hah.

Post a Comment