MAC At-A-Glance

[November] 11/26 - Monogram - MAC's annual couture collection, 11/30 - Perfect Style
[December] 12/26 - Dame Edna, Chill

October 16, 2008

Let's Discuss: Do You Prefer Bright/Bold Makeup, Subtle-Colored Approach, or Au-Spankin' Naturale?


Boy! Haven't done one of these in a while!

So, I was looking through the files I did have saved on my portable USB traveler and thought I had some things I could review. After looking file after file, high and lo, I reached my final "AHA moment" and realized... err, I didn't transfer the pictures.

But let's bring it back some.

When it comes to makeup, you and what you see on others, which do you prefer? Bright/Bold, colorful makeup? Some color (but not tooo much) to add some fun? Or jazzin' up the neutral shades?

I personally have a lot of fun putting on bright colorful makeup. The only thing that makes me sway against wearing it all the time is because it's not always everyday friendly. And I have this semi-fear that I'm clashing colors against my skin-tone. Actually, I know I do but I do it for the sake of the color combination. Ehhh, screw it! LOL.

But when I'm not amped for it, you'll see me in the "some color to add some fun" category. A little more bold than suble, but you'll see me wearing more of this when time to apply makeup PERIOD permits. Can never go wrong with a strong lid color and smoking out the corners. I consider that just safe. It can be boring at times but it's a quick middle ground for me.

And those natural days? Still gotta love 'em! Sure we're reaching a world that's saturating each eye with more and more color, but I still adore the looks of what we're already given with just a little brush help, hah. For me, its a little assistance from a MAC Paint Pot, play up those lashes, and fill in that waterline!

But what do I like seeing on others? COLOR! I'm always on the lookout for that color combination that just blows my mind. Where the blending is so well, I feel I need to practice more (which doesn't take much really, hah!). Seriously, though. I love seeing others with just simple or complex masterpieces that literally just make me gawk. And yes, GAWK!

What does it for you?

Aloha,
Mrs. Lynne

Share and Enjoy your MakeupFix!

5 makeovers:

Jackie said...

Bright/bold makeup is nice but I really haven't done a bright/colorful eyes in a really long time. I stick to safer colors like brown, gray, muted colors, taupe-y colors, and purples but not because they're safe; because I like them! And probably because yellow, green, and orange doesn't work for everyday! If I could find more time in the mornings to conjure up a nice combo and apply nicely, I would but it requires time so I just don't bother. I don't even use hints of color anywhere at all, not even a hint of the oh so gorgeous parrot shade from MAC. Recently, I've been doing a really easy look without too many products. I just smudge a MAC Kohl pencil (either Raven, Mystery, Orpheus - from Starflash I believe) smudge over lid concentrating on outer corner, and shimmery shade (I use Grand Entrance from Starflash b/c it's the most pigmented even w/o a base and any pigments - I use shimmertime - because they are so pigmented and only require a little plus you don't need a brush if you're on the run) towards the inner lid and blend to outer corner over the smudged kohl, but focusing on inner corner to brighten up eyes. Same with bottom. I came up with this to do less damage to the skin around my eye area, but it also saves me make up remover! I avoid bases (UDPP, Shadow Insurance, Paint pot, etc) and eyeliners because when taking my make up off those things cause me to rub a bit more. The smudge pencil is kind of like a base but it still creases a little bit; I guess this really wouldn't work for someone will super oily lids. So that's basically what I look like... no bright colors. But how simple is that?!

Mai Nguyen said...

nice to meet you too! lol

i think i'm going to start cutting down my purchases! i should have done it a long time ago, but i guess it just really hit me. with the way economy is now, i seriously have cut down.

aiden is a year and seven months. how old is your song tyke? aiden is such a handful! seems like yesterday i just had him, and here is now walking, running, talking..ahh! =)

MakeupByRenRen said...

i like both bright and natural, if the blending is good it will always look impressive to me :) by the way, for concealers you can still pick up cinema secrets corrector palette #2 as a concealer/neutralizer palette...it may not cover dark skin tones though...ive personally been eyeing the kryolan dermacolor concealer palette but its kinda expensive :(

yummy411 said...

subtle and colorful! it's just the nature of my environment =/ i do like seeing color on other people to keep me inspired!

Unknown said...

I like neutrals just because I'm not quite confident enough for brights yet. I really like them on other people though!
Cool blog! Your eye make-up is really gorgeous in the pictures.

lushlist.blogspot.com

Post a Comment