MAC At-A-Glance

[November] 11/26 - Monogram - MAC's annual couture collection, 11/30 - Perfect Style
[December] 12/26 - Dame Edna, Chill

September 8, 2008

New Loot: My Inner Fashionista Says "Holla At Yo' Skirt"!

Although shopping for makeup is something that you can see me doing regularly, going shopping for clothes is a leisurely past-time that has been long gone from my life for quite some time. Sure I've picked up a few shirts here and there since the last time I went REAL shopping (let's think "pre-tyke" days!), but never have I had a real need for a new wardrobe since I had been a stay-at-home-mom (or le wardrobe frump) for a couple years or working part-time which didn't require additional outfits outside the company dress code.

Well, guess what folks. Your MakeupFix Mama has got herself a job and that means some cute fits need a home! And how convenient is it that a whole bunch of cute skirts are hitting the racks this season? Darn bloody good I tell ya!

I bought these skirts from Forever 21 since it's my forte to go there when I'm on a budget and need something decent that actually fits me since I'm on the slender side. I would have hit H&M (my second home!) but the Oakridge Mall didn't have it.

I love the style and prints of these skirts and they wear exactly as they show!

(Enter Heavenly music)...


Associate Skirt w/ Belt
$19.80


Buttoned High Waist Plaid Skirt
$22.80


Dulce Leopard Pencil Skirt
$19.80


Waist Belt Pencil Skirt
$17.80

In lieu of my skirt fetish I have going on right now, here are some other skirts that are on my radar (translation = need to have "NOW" list). My inner fashionista is starting to go wild...


High Waist Pinstripe Skirt w/ Belt
$22.80


Zebra Print Pencil Skirt
$22.80


Leopard Pencil Skirt
$19.80

I love the cut and high waist style on the first one. And aren't those last 2 just the cutest? Holla!

Has your inner fashionista caused you to make some wildly purchases this season? What else have been keeping an eager eye on?

Aloha,
Mrs. Lynne

If you're enjoying what you're reading, then don't miss out on more great reads! Subscribe to our feed or get email updates so we can keep bringing you the goods.

Share and Enjoy your MakeupFix!

22 makeovers:

Tammy said...

I have skirt #4, and I'm wearing a skirt similar to #6 today..lol..I posted a blog on what I bought there recently. Love Forever 21!! oikewk

Jaclyn Rose said...

omg those are such cute skirts! i need me some new clothes. time to hit up forever 21, lol.

Tracy Roa said...

You picked some great skirts. I think it's time for some additions to my wardrobe now... :D

Emilita said...

Those skirts are a great combination of feminine and professional.

Jackie said...

LOVELY. you have SO many - maybe a bit too many - high-waisted skirts. i think you should try out some high-waisted wide-legged pants! extremely flattering! great choices though! have fun shopping! i can't get enough!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Good buys Tammy! I'm actually wearing #4 today with my lovely green tank sweater from H&M. I love the #6 skirt... the print is to die for and the style is just so chic - translation: MUST HAVE!!

What are your other fashion must-haves, Tammy?

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Aren't they Mama Shawnta? I just couldn't stop putting down the skirts. I didn't even buy myself some slacks, lol!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

I'm so glad you said that Emilita. At I don't have to worry about getting written up at work for dress code, lol.

Do you wear skirts like these much?

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

As of now eikcaj, these are the only skirts I own since I didn't bring much with me when I moved :/ So consider it starting my wardrobe from scratch, lol! And I didn't even realize they were mostly high-waisted. It's very clear what I'm digging right now, hah.

I will definitely check out the high-waisted wide-legged pants! I bought quite a few skirts that I neglected to get myself some pants. And since it's getting colder, I definitely need some items with more leg coverage.

What are some of your favorite wears lately?

Anonymous said...

cute skirts try valley fair mall they have a h & m hth!

Jenn said...

Girl you bought so many of them!! they all look great!! :D i'm wondering how tall are you? :D i have a short waist plus i'm a real shortie, so i can't for the life of me wear high waisted stuff!! so sad!!

Vanessa said...

Cute skirts sis! Glad you are back in the groove of things! How are you liking Cali so far?

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Thanks anonymous. I actually live closer to Valley Fair Mall but that day we just decided to go to Oakridge which sadly didn't have an H&M :( Westfield definitely needs to get on it about putting on there for moments like that, lol!

How is your day going so far?

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hey Jenn,

I'm not that tall actually. I'm about 5'2". I'm sure you could pull it off though hun. As long as you pair it with some shoes that have at least a mid-heel :) That's what I do, lol!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

I'm have a huuuge skirt fetish Sis Nessa! But it's starting to cool down a bit so already I have to switch up my wardrobe.

Post a Comment