MAC At-A-Glance

[November] 11/26 - Monogram - MAC's annual couture collection, 11/30 - Perfect Style
[December] 12/26 - Dame Edna, Chill

January 10, 2008

MAC Swatches: N Collection

The N Collection by MAC was available online starting Tuesday, but for those (like yours truly) who like to touch it and feel it, the N collection hit stores and counters today!

The emphasis of this limited edition release was to enhance the nakedness of your skin, but with coverage. The lipsticks and lipglasses are gorgeous and with the available selections (and endless combinations of the two) you're definitely bound to find your "naked - with coverage" match. The assortment of eyeshadows are mostly Satin in texture in addition to the smooth pearl-finished Nanogold (Lustre) and soft yet defining Rich Flesh (Matte). The Paint Pots were creamy but vibrant as always. Swatching Quite Natural and Soft Ochre reminded me of melted chocolate and white chocolate chips on my fingers. I almost wanted to eat them! The admired Mineralize Skinfinishes add a nice touch of sparkle to highlight even the shyest of faces. And the nail polish colors, although nothing too eye widening, were picked accordingly for this collection.

What I would recommend:
Lipstick 3N and 4N
Lipglass 4N (reminds me of Blackened Red Reflects Glitter mixed with Antique Gold Reflects Glitter)
Eyeshadow Nanogold, Neutral Pink, Remotely Grey
Paint Pot Soft Ochre
MSF Warm and Light Flush

What of this collection are you most likely to get?

Aloha,
Mrs. Lynne

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Share and Enjoy your MakeupFix!

24 makeovers:

Anonymous said...

Yay, thanks for the swatches! I didn't realise that Nanogold was a lustre. Oops. I hate lustres, lol.

I'm getting the Light Flush MSF off the US MAC site and then when the collection comes out in Australia in a month, I'll be getting the Warmed MSF :D And possibly the 2n lipglass.

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the swatches done on skin! =) I think it looks better instead of swatching on paper. Did you end up buying anything??? Since I don't have time to head to a store, I took advantage of the free shipping on MAC's website and ordered off there. I got 3N and 5N lipstick..Hopefully I found my naked/natural color!

Karen said...

Yay, pretty. I saw these today (went to a Chanel thing at Nordie's) and I stared at them for a good half hour. I'm going to get my hands on 'em next week. WHEEE!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Julie,

Nanogold is a lustre, but it is GORGEOUS! My thought is, at least it's not all glittery :)

Do let me know how you like the products when you get them!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hiya Stephanie!!

The lip products are amazing in this collection. I think you will be happy with both colors! And good call to take advantage of the shipping. Gotta save for FAFI girl!

And since I'm saving also, I only got Neutral Pink eyeshadow from N. Swatched it and HAD to have it!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Karen,

Whenever I think of Chanel, I ALWAYS think of you! And I can't wait to see what you get along with your beautiful lip swatches (I already know you're picking up something for your lips).

mayaari said...

Thanks for the swatches! This collection really piqued my interest because I normally wear really neutral colors, haha...so why not make them really nice MAC products? Nanogold e/s looks pretty, but I think if I were to get anything it would be one of the MSF, since I've never used that particular type of product before.

must.stay.within.budget! :)

Melissa @ No. 2 Pencil said...

Hey Girl!

Thanks for the pics, these are awesome. My fave MA is doing a N Collection makeover on a friend and me tomorrow. I can't wait! I definitely have my eye on the light flush msf and maybe the 4n gloss too.

Do you think the 4n is similar to Ornamental gloss?

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Aloha Mayaari,

The MSFs are to die for!! I think that Light Flush would look amazing on you!

Vanessa said...

Nice swatches! The girl at the MAC store was a bitch so I didn't have fun like usual...LOL. I only like Soft Ochre and Modest Tone from the collection.....

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

How's it going Melissa.

A makeover, huh? Exciting! You two will have so much fun. I know I always look forward to makeover appointments!!

I have yet to see Ornamental Lustre in person, but from pictures and swatches I've seen, I think Ornamental overall is more on the red end of the spectrum in comparison to 4N. When you apply 4N to your lips, you'll notice that there is some red in the color (although my camera seems to have captured the red very nicely), but not enough to give it that full on glam red lip effect. 4N is brown-based whereas Ornamental is red-based. But do check it out during your makeover tomorrow. I'd love to hear how it compares in your opinion!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Nessa!!

I knew Soft Ochre would deliver! It's a lovely color as a Paint Pot. Modest Tone is also very nice. I got Frisco from the Originals which I think is very similar just a pink matte version.

Don't you hate it when the girls aren't friendly?! Then you feel all rushed. The store here didn't even get everything in. I had to swatch the rest at Macys. Weird, huh?

Elizabeth said...

wow they all look so lovely! hmm new lemmings! but i cant afford them all :(

Unknown said...

thanks for the swatches! this helps with the decision making even though i'm not really all that excited about this collection. are you planning on getting the MSFs?

btw, I havent responded to your email :(.

Distinque said...

awww, your so lucky the N collection came out ON TIME over there. My makeup counter is always late. It's coming out late next week at my counter and there's only one counter in Maui. Sucks! Can't wait for FOTDs from you on this collection.

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Elizabeth,

Unless you're an MSF fan, I don't really think you're going to have too much remorse if you were to pass on this collection. I think that Fafi is worth the extra pennies.

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hello Anne,

You're welcome! Everyone raves of the MSFs and will almost die to get one, but I'll probably pass on most of the face stuff until my kids are older. The ones in this collection are absolutely LOVELY and I would have snatched myself one, but since I hardly wear makeup to go anywhere, sadly I don't have any use for it. But if I could, I would probably get Warm. I think I could use it as a bronzer of sorts.

And don't worry about the email. Just respond whenever you have the time :)

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Distinque... my Maui Wowwee!

Oh boy, anticipation builds over there! I don't think I could live on Maui, lol.

Surprisingly the actual MAC store here didn't have their display complete. The lady that helped me today was so sweet though and voluntarily called the Macy's counter which had them all. I hope you were able to call your counter before hauling yourself there :)

yummy411 said...

great swatches!!! that n color polish looks nice and i swear i have demi-blanc from MAC of another name ..grrrr~

how have you been.. i haven't been able to see your pics, etc. since my internet was down, but yay! i can see them now!!!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hey mama yum!

I'm glad the net is up and running. We get in a panic frenzy here when the cable hits the fan. Pretty sad, huh?

I'm making do, thanks for asking :) Just trying to make it another year in a progressive style, hah. How's the little boy of yours doing? Can you believe how fast these kids grow?!

Shawnta said...

If I do get something it would be the nanagold and the soft ochre, but I'm on the bandwagon of saving up for Fafi. (Probably going to have to sleep outside of Nordies at this point)

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Aloha Mama Shawnta,

Those two are very good choices! I didn't pick up Soft Ochre but if it's still there when Fafi comes, I may add it.

Seriously, I'm gonna have to get my kids ready early to get to the mall WHEN the doors open for Fafi!

Krystle said...

These are great swatches! Do you know how hard it is to find swatches NC42 skintones? It seems like everyone is either lighter or just way darker. I did pick up 2 things- Warmed and Light Flush. They are so pretty!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Hey Krystle,

That's part of the reason I'm going to make the extra effort to get swatches. I've noticed that too when I'm looking at new swatches and such and no one is NEAR my skin tone. Are you an NC42 also?

Oh, the MSFs are gorgeous!! I didn't pick up any since I hardly wear anything out, but if I did, I would definitely have me an MSF in my (diaper) bag :)

How's the weather in the bay doing now? It's pretty cold here in the morning! I'm wearing fleece pjs, hah.

Post a Comment