MAC At-A-Glance

[November] 11/26 - Monogram - MAC's annual couture collection, 11/30 - Perfect Style
[December] 12/26 - Dame Edna, Chill

December 20, 2007

FOTD: Is It Getting Steamy In Here??

I feel like I keep doing blue, purple and green combos or like I've done this look before. Sorry folks if it seems a little repetitive... I think I'm running dry in the noggen.

Anyhow, I was checking out what MAC's description was for Steamy and while my eyes wandered the page, I noticed the part that stated what others bought with this: Parfait Amour and Tilt. I don't have Tilt but I do have Zonk Bleu! which is more on the teal side than the "
bright violet duochrome* with blue-green opalescent shimmer" that Tilt possesses. I've read that others aren't impressed with Parfait Amour and at times I'm not either, but I know there's always a way to make each color work. The thought of pairing Steamy with Parfait Amour was a gorgeous combination in my mind. So I took that thought and ran with it.

My liner got out of control so don't laugh, hah. It's longer and thicker than normal. Didn't know how to rescue that one with a Q-Tip without messing up, lol.

Well, here it is. Enjoy :)

Aloha,
Mrs. Lynne

(all MAC unless stated otherwise)


FACE

Select Sheer/Pressed Powder NC45 (182 w/FIX+)
Plum Foolery Blush (129)

BROWS

STILA Brow Set (266)

EYES

UDPP
Plum Electric Metal-X c/e/s (crease - finger)
Moss Scape p/p (lid - 242)
Steamy e/s (lid - 239, middle lower lashline - 208)
Zonk Bleu! e/s (inner V - 219, inner
lower lashline - 208)
Parfait Amour e/s (inner crease - 239)
Nocturnelle e/s (outer V/crease - 222, outer
lower lashline - 208)
Cream of Silversmith MESe/s (highlight - 239)
Blacktrack f/l (upper lashline - 208)
Graphblack Technakohl (waterline)
L'Oreal Voluminous

LIPS
Aquaphor Healing Ointment
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Share and Enjoy your MakeupFix!

2 makeovers:

Anonymous said...

hey I ee you wear nc45....so when the sculpt comes out ...which one will you be getting?

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Anon: Hi there! I'm actually an NC42, but in Select/Sheer they don't have that so I'm an NC45. Kinda weird that sometimes they don't have the same colors for certain lines of products.

Anyhow, I'm thinking that Shadester/Lightsweep and Definitive/Warm Light might work better for my skin tone but on swatches I've seen they seem a bit darker than what I'm hoping for. I reeeeeally like Sculpt/Accentuate but I'm wondering if it might just blend in with my skin. Only a real life swatch will be the answer to this dilemma but those are what I'm definitely checking out.

Since you're an NC45, I think the Shadester/Lightsweep and Definitive/Warm Light duos would work better.

Post a Comment