MAC At-A-Glance

[November] 11/26 - Monogram - MAC's annual couture collection, 11/30 - Perfect Style
[December] 12/26 - Dame Edna, Chill

December 2, 2007

FOTD: Another stab at Engaging

Well, I'm trying Engaging again. Seems a little too "safe" for me in my colorful learning quest. But in sight of this look, one of my next purchases is going to include Photogravure Technakohl and Dipdown Fluidline. I think it would have suited this look a little bit better just to make my eyes appear bolder but not as bold as with black.

Overall, this look makes me feel a bit mediocre about my skills. It's also probably due to the fact that I've just spent the past half hour looking at the work of other talented artists which inspires me yet makes me feel farther away than where I'd like to be in this learning process, lol.

Anyhow, enough self-critiquing (is that a word??). On to the goods list :)))

(all MAC unless stated otherwise)


FACE

Select Sheer/Pressed Powder NC45 (182)
Sunbasque Blush (129)

BROWS
STILA Brow Set w/ FIX+ (266)

EYES

UDPP
Rubenesque p/p (lid - 242)
Expensive Pink e/s (239 - lid; inner lower lashline - 208)
Bronze of Engaging MES (above crease - 239, middle lower lashline - 266)
Pink of Engaging MES (highlight - 239)
Sketch e/s (outer V, crease - 222, outer lower lashline - 266)
L'Oreal Voluminous

LIPS
Maybelline Superstay Gloss in Nude

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Share and Enjoy your MakeupFix!

4 makeovers:

yummy411 said...

mrs. lynne! you worked it out with engaging. i decided to keep mine too and work it out. i'm supposed to blog about it soon, so watch out for that. i like that you used it over rubenesque. very lovely on you! very pretty!

what other makeup artists do you like to watch and view their work? i want to take a look too =)

i self-critique as well, hoping to get better =)

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

-yummy411: You really think so? I'm still on the fence about how it turned out. But I think it's because my preference is to be more colorful and this is just more safely natural. But it does work with Rubenesque and I think it works seamlessly with Expensive Pink e/s.

As far as inspiration, I really like the work of others that have a great eye for family colors and contrasting. On Specktra, I LOVE LOVE LOVE "screammydarling" "suzy_" "magi" and there's another gal but I forget her name. "Mistrella" and "MzReyes" are good too. I've picked the brains of the first two but like everything.. need me some practice. How about you? Where do you get your inspiration from?

yummy411 said...

my inspiration comes from mags, clothing styles and right now my kick has been on natural beauty. on specktra, i admire the work of: snowkeii, mzemo, leopardcakes, magi and jilliandanica and lipshock. there are others but they don't post hardly anymore. =) i'll have to check out the users you named!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

-yummy411: There's a good amount of inspiration that comes from what you named. I know I find myself attracted to eyes wherever I am, always on the lookout, hah.

I checked out jilliandanica and I do remember her. I've probably stumbled upon the others just don't remember the username. I'm always drawn towards looks like those especially because we have similar skin tones.

Well mama, keep the flame alive :)

Post a Comment